All that has gone awry.....

It's a bit annoying..........actually pathethic....I used to be a 'seller', having a fantastic time, engaging my dying sister in an 'outside interest' to distract her from the chemo........selling assorted and sometimes magnificent stuff ( with excellent feedback ). Then came the 'extra fees'......unrealistic postage times ( even though the seller had posted same day).....and finally ...AN EXTRA CHARGE ON YOUR POSTAGE....???? HELLO......if they could track personal email contact, surely they could root out the sellers who were avoiding basic fees???????? There were ALWAYS the usual eBay 'stooges' that were like frontmen/women that denigrated anyone with an alternate view ( one in particular that I recall - living half her/his time in the UK and the other half in Aus). Many sellers announced the fact that they were exiting the arena...and were bagged..relentlessly. I chose to just slip away......happy to buy ( so far)...but also much happier to sell anything out of the spare room/shed...in our local area, on another platform. They, eBay, keep sending me emails.........."We miss you" ..."Your buyers miss you"......well, sorry.....as soon as you started descriminating against the 'backyard/ amateur/down-to-earth/ therapeutic sellers' to bulk up your cheap MULTI PROFIT players from China down ( where your stringent feedback rules don't even register on their feedback account). eBay SUCKS

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

AN EXTRA CHARGE ON YOUR POSTAGE....???? HELLO.

HELLO???

This has been in place for a couple of years. And you only just found out? HELLO???

And bagging out another member for something that has nothing to do with your original whinge? HELLO???

You seem to have issues with eBay and those who try to explain and offer workarounds. HELLO??? eBay don't care, and all you are doing is ensuring discriminating sellers don't either. For which we, or at least me, thank you.

HELLO??? Maybe eBay isn't for you anymore. If you don't want spam from eBay, unsubscribe.  As with any other site.

Edit: You got the 'pathetic' bit right, although we possibly disagree on what is 'pathetic'.

Message 2 of 68
Latest reply

Pretty poor form talking about a respected member on the boards, why in hell did you come here today ?

I am with davewills edit except I would replace the word 'what' with 'who'.

Smiley Mad

Also - with 97 pages of feedback as a seller, I would not call you quote - a backyard/ amateur/down-to-earth/ therapeutic seller

Message 3 of 68
Latest reply

There are some aspects where I totally agree with you, although I would not bag anyone just for having a different opinion.

The world is made up of people with different opinions, it is just the way things are, it's perfectly normal and nothing sinister.

I do agree ebay has changed a lot. My sister & i used to sell a fair bit back in the early to mid 2000s and it was fun, it was a challenge & we were in charge. Mind you, we were totally honest sellers.

Not all sellers were. I personally struck a couple back then who took the money and ran. Ignored messages, made no attempt to acknowledge any problems, let alone solve them.

Ebay had to do something to change with the times, to bring in more safeguards.

The fees have risen a lot-double what they were back in the day. My sister recently sold something privately and was shocked.

Then there is paypal & that extra layer of fees plus fees on postage.

So you're right-it is a lot dearer.

What it means in terms of selling is items probably need to be dearer to cover everything so the days of garage sale type prices are a bit numbered.

What has turned us off re-entering the selling arena on a more regular basis is the fact things have turned around from being a seller's world to a buyer's world and there seem to be a few scammers out there. There always were scammers, mind you, but I think in the past it was easy for sellers to be scammers and now it is the other way around.

But.. ebay still tends to get better prices for items (usually).

I also use gumtree. Some items never get much of a look. I've tried markets-people expect things almost for nothing.

But whatever works, I guess. People have to choose what they feel comfortable with, it is a personal decision but I agree a lot of 'little' sellers have probably found other outlets eg FB.

The internet world has grown, that's all.

Message 4 of 68
Latest reply

WOW, I am touched. Out of all we Stooges I get a special mention..............go me.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 68
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

WOW, I am touched. Out of all we Stooges I get a special mention..............go me.

It's coz you're speshul PJ, nothing more.

I want to know what a "therapeutic seller" is.....

Message 6 of 68
Latest reply

Someone that sell therapeuts I think Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 68
Latest reply

Haaaaaa - and all the 'fish' emerged.....lol .........I have not sold for yonks ( after an amazing time ) ....so the 'new' postage charge is 'not so new, Davo..lolol'.....that's when I disappeared. ( nice to see the 'old gang' is still in operation ) Still have your 'baseball bats' at the ready, to try and whack anyone who has an opposing opinion. You do know it's like Facebook....you can always scroll by.... XOXO - GO CHINA......thanks for the laugh.....

Message 8 of 68
Latest reply

Haa - springy - I recall that you may have been so diplomatic & balanced even back then. I totally agree with your platform change. Good for you & all the best.
Message 9 of 68
Latest reply

It took her quite a while to 'fade out' ( with the chemo/radiation/ etc/etc/) - so, like you are 'jumping on me'.........perhaps be true to your handle 'gotta be careful'.....but these days, if you want to go in to bat for anyone.......do your homework and perhaps research how these 'fish' bagged anyone , not, in their circle........and try very, very hard, not to upset any of them....lol

Message 10 of 68
Latest reply