Another GSP stuff up

So I buy some tools from the US and pay the ridiculous postage for International Priority Postage

I follow the tracking and now my tools are safely at the fedex depot here in Australia  they have cleared customs, so why are they marked "not scheduled for delivery"????

I rang the fedex depot and was told that the sender had ticked economy postage and they would wait until they had a driver coming my way, if I'm lucky Wednesday next week, so they sit in the depot for another seven days

that's pathetic 😞

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Another GSP stuff up

Feel free once they arrive leave a very low star rating for delivery and let the seller know exactly why so perhaps they wil think twice about using GSP again however as they pay nothing for the delivery their items would probably be much pricier if they didn't use it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Another GSP stuff up

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

as they pay nothing for the delivery their items would probably be much pricier if they didn't use it.

I don't see why, US sellers only pay FVF on the first domestic postage option they offer, so if they didn't use the GSP and charged for international postage, there would be no increase in their costs, unless they use different packaging etc for international orders. 

Personally, I wouldn't give a seller a low star for shipping time based on the poor decision or service quality from Pitney Bowes, any more than I would give a seller low stars if AP stuffed up a delivery. I think it's wise to let a seller know what sorts of things their customers have to deal with on account of their shipping provider, though (especially if it can be changed)

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Another GSP stuff up

My response was slightly tongue in cheek DG, forgot the winky lol.

My point about pricing is that if a seller uses a different provider they have to pay for the postage, recouped from the buyer of course, but still has to be shelled out whereas if they use the PB service they are shelling out nothing, delivery to PB is free.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Another GSP stuff up

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

My response was slightly tongue in cheek DG, forgot the winky lol.

My point about pricing is that if a seller uses a different provider they have to pay for the postage, recouped from the buyer of course, but still has to be shelled out whereas if they use the PB service they are shelling out nothing, delivery to PB is free.

Pity buyers can't rate Pitney Bowes independently of the seller - shipping cost and time DSRs are also (conditionally) protected when a seller uses the GSP, plus any negs and neuts related to the GSP are supposedly removed, so I guess there's that going for the seller. 

I'm pretty sure sellers still have to pay for whatever shipping service they use to get an item to the centre, but point taken re: up front international postage costs. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Another GSP stuff up

Fedex dont deliver to country Vic so do I have to go and get them myself. GSP SUX.

@howie696 wrote:

So I buy some tools from the US and pay the ridiculous postage for International Priority Postage

I follow the tracking and now my tools are safely at the fedex depot here in Australia  they have cleared customs, so why are they marked "not scheduled for delivery"????

I rang the fedex depot and was told that the sender had ticked economy postage and they would wait until they had a driver coming my way, if I'm lucky Wednesday next week, so they sit in the depot for another seven days

that's pathetic 😞

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Another GSP stuff up

*sigh   Another old thread

Fedex dont deliver to country Vic so do I have to go and get them myself. GSP SUX.

Maybe you should've found that out before buying, Steve.

You seem to be blaming everyone else for your misfortunes.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Another GSP stuff up

@steve_gee wrote:

@howie696 wrote:

that's pathetic 😞

FedEx will get the parcel to you one way or another.

If they don't deliver direct to your area they will either forward it with another courier company or hand it to Australia Post for delivery as an e-parcel.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply