Another laughable purchase

I seem to be having a run of ridiculous scenarios. This time, bought a DVD movie from the USA. Supposed to be posted within a day. A week went by, not marked as "posted"  I inquired "it is a week since I paid, and I see the item is not marked as posted, could you please let me know when you will be posting it?" The answer I got was this "sorry your item has not arrived, we will give you a refund" I sent another message " PLEASE READ THE MESSAGE; I did not say, "I didn't get the item", my question is "when are you sending it" Then the message I got back was "        " just my message sent back to me, I sent them another message "do you have a robot answering your messages?", again my message sent back to me with no answer.  This morning, another message from them " Sorry you did not get your item, we will refund you"  the same message I got the first time. What can I do, but just shake my head in disbelief!

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Check their feedback to see where they are registered.

Sounds like a Chines seller using the USA as location, but in reality sending from China.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Boy, it sure sounds like it

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If it's the Simply ID, then I'd go read their 65 negs they got this month alone

edit:   Take the refund, and re-pay if it ever turns up, I reckon.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks, I didn't think of that. Just checked, definitely United States, located Atlanta. A member since 2011.  A Top rated seller, selling huge numbers.  I can play their Dvd's. It's rather sad when we have to go to these lengths for an Australian Movie, because it never got released on DVD here. This happens with a lot of Australian movies. Seems like they want to kill our movie industry.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

The blank message could have been because they tried to reply via email rather than via eBay messages. You used to be able to hit reply on the email and reply directly, but they stopped that a few years ago. Now if you try to reply via the email, it sends a blank reply.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I still  haven't received the so called refund from them. They claim they gave me a full refund on the 27th and that it may take 24 hours to go through.  Nothing received here as of today 31st. I wonder what they are up to?? Like I'm going to be stupid enough to believe that!  I'll wait and see if it arrives and complain "item not received" otherwise. The records clearly show there has been no refund.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I still  haven't received the so called refund from them. They claim they gave me a full refund on the 27th and that it may take 24 hours to go through.  Nothing received here as of today 31st. I wonder what they are up to?? Like I'm going to be stupid enough to believe that!  I'll wait and see if it arrives and complain "item not received" otherwise. The records clearly show there has been no refund.

Hi shoppingbag, sorry to hear of your dilemma.  I have in the past bought from sellers who are physically based here in Aust as well as the US. They can be just as bad as a seller based overseas (China East Europe etc.)  who appears to be in Australia or the US. They take the order and have it despatched from wherever. You wait and wait and wait. In the end nothing comes.  So, they're Atlanta based. Wonder where their stock comes from? 

Anyway, how did you get on. Has a refund come through yet?

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Thanks, I didn't think of that. Just checked, definitely United States, located Atlanta. A member since 2011.  A Top rated seller, selling huge numbers.  I can play their Dvd's. It's rather sad when we have to go to these lengths for an Australian Movie, because it never got released on DVD here. This happens with a lot of Australian movies. Seems like they want to kill our movie industry.

Curious what is the Australian Movie you can't buy on DVD in Australia.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply