Any ideas as to how I get a seller to honor the item's warranty?

Bought an item that failed within the warranty period.  The seller keeps saying he's sending replacement, but I NEVER get it.  He won't honor Australian law of repair/replace/refund.  Seller is in China.  What can I do on this end?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Unless it is in the time frame to open a dispute via paypal or ebay then there is little you can do.

If you funded the payment with a credit card you can call you bank and ask if a chargeback can be started to get your money back and that would be your only option.

Sometimes it is not good to buy from OS 

Sellers from China are notorious for using delay tactics till the time to take action runs out.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

That is the price you pay for buying warranty items from O.S.

Buy local. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thnx. I fool ne once, shame on you........ China is now something we eat off at my house.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Why would you expect a seller in China to abide by Australian Consumer Law?

Even if they did, would you want to pay the postage to return the item to China for a refund or repair?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Lots of stuff is made in China these days, I know.

But if you're buying anything that's expensive enough to have a warranty, at least buy the Chinese product from an Australian shop, that way you'll have some come back.

Small things that cost a dollar or two-they are okay to buy on ebay from China. That's about it.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

With regards to Australian consumer rights,

Made in China AND sold in China are the key points here.

Your's is BOTH. You have no warranty in Australia for products that were sold and purchased in a foreign country.  Look up China's Product Warranty, you might get further with that!

Wave good bye to your money.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.... your chinese seller has no intention of replacing your item.

Welcome to Ebay !! Man Wink

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

With regards to Australian consumer rights,

Made in China AND sold in China are the key points here.

Your's is BOTH. You have no warranty in Australia for products that were sold and purchased in a foreign country.  Look up China's Product Warranty, you might get further with that!

Wave good bye to your money.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd.... your chinese seller has no intention of replacing your item.

Welcome to Ebay !! Man Wink

jane, thank you for your plain speaking on this and other threads.  No beating about the bush, no pandering, no sugar coating . . . . . . . I’m loving it . . . . . . . like a breath of fresh air on these buying/selling boards.

Spoiler
for the purpose of clarity, I do tend to take a softly-softly approach with some OPs and find jane’s approach refreshing.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Yep your moneys gone I paid postage photographed package and receipt as requested buy seller never saw my gps again won’t buy from China over 4$ now
They are greedy little bleeps
Have a great day
Tom
Its good to see how people like to criticize rather than be constructive on this board. Does it make you feel good to put other people down rather than help. It would help if you read the post first too!
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

jane, thank you for your plain speaking on this and other threads.  No beating about the bush, no pandering, no sugar coating . . . . . . . I’m loving it . . . . . . . like a breath of fresh air on these buying/selling boards.

Spoiler
for the purpose of clarity, I do tend to take a softly-softly approach with some OPs and find jane’s approach refreshing.

Thanks  for your praise, though I've been known to call a spade a spade when on some occassions it may have been better to call it a shovel! Man LOL
But in my line of work, straight and to the point is paramount. Sometimes , its the only language some will understand.

Mostly, I like to think I DO care.............  *think* being the opperative word LOL Man LOL  Man LOL

cheers

xxJ
********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply