Anybody been able to communicate with member REMOVED

25wade
Community Member

Have been attempting to communicate with the above member. He has a few listings but any attempt to purchase or email

seems to fail.

Thanks

Les

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Anybody been able to communicate with member REMOVED

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller is in the USA and his listings state that he will not sell internationally.  Although ebay has made the items available via the GSP I believe the seller still has the ability to block overseas buyers from purchasing or communicating.

Have you checked out the postage prices.....you would have to want the items very badly to be willing to pay those amounts.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks lyndal1838,

I purchased with a USA address and ebay confirmed my purchase but have heard nothing more from either the seller or Ebay.

Yes i really do want what he is selling, i have a piece of equipment which is obsolete and needs this item. Not available anywhere else.

Kindest Regards

Les

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised  How much postage have you paid for the seller to deliver in the USA?

And how much will you be charged by your freight forwarder?

You do realise that if the cost of the item and postage is AU$1000 or more you will pay Import fees when the item arrives here.  These could be as much as 35% of the value.

You must be desperate to get the item.....good luck.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks,

For your interest us$18 then approx  NZ$17 postage to nz and no taxes. So i have all my bases covered.

Thanks for the advice. I will just wait and see. I have other avenues i can pursue if i hav eto get a refund. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Wow, that is a lot better than the GSP charges.  Way to go!

Those charges would not even trigger the import charges here.....don't know what the limit is in NZ.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Hi,

GSP program i wont use as it is  to expensive. The taxes are about to change here so it will be more costly soon.

Had no luck with this member. Looks like he has gone AWOL. Wiil have to ask for a refund.

Thanks for your assistance.

REgards

Les

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@25wade wrote:

Hi,

GSP program i wont use as it is  to expensive. The taxes are about to change here so it will be more costly soon.

Had no luck with this member. Looks like he has gone AWOL. Wiil have to ask for a refund.

Thanks for your assistance.

REgards

Les

Les, how are the taxes here about to change?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The OP is in New Zealand k1000......it only made sense to me when he mentioned that fact (as usual I did not check where he was, just assumed in Australia).

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Hi,

Think as of 1/12/19 they will be adding GST to every purchase they can intercept. Before this it had to reach a certain level.

Les

P.S regards the seller, ebay had to refund my money. I dont see why ebay still allows this seller to keep adverts up that they

will not honour. 

Les

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply