Aramex quarantine charge of $40 WHY??

Just recieved a email saying my parcel has been held and I have to pay a $40 fee to Aramex. I purchased Brand 5 NEW assorted Dogit Hagin Dog toys and I don't know why they would need to be inspected? All up they cost me around $100 and the listing for the postage was FREE.  The seller has only provided a tracking number on 3 of the dog toys so I don't even know which items are being held and if the seller has sent them separate I am wondering if I'll get another Quarantine notice and another fee??. I have nevr had this happen before and wonder if anyone can tell me why and what I can do ? 😞 There really shouldn't be anything wrong with these dog toys so I don't know why they would be in quaratine?.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Aramex quarantine charge of $40 WHY??

Imho, it's a scam and as mentioned, possibly contains a virus.  Why?  because I received one of these emails about 3 weeks ago, I don't have a dog atm, nor did I buy any dog toys or other animal items.  I just marked it as 'junk' and haven't had anymore that I know of, because they would be junked before they got to my Inbox. 

In saying that, I did have a parcel opened by Quarantine for inspection and it had tape indicating this and notes from Quarantine inside.  Like your dog items, there was nothing that would raise the eyebrows of Quarantine...or so I thought...but it was packed in corrugated cardboard for protection and one of the notes stated insect pests/seeds/etc can get into the corrugations. 

Anyway, hope you get your parcel asap. 

Message 21 of 59
Latest reply

If it was me I wouldn't be paying it. I would leave it go and if my parcel didn't turn up in a reasonable amount of time I would file a item not received dispute.The shipment will eventually be sent back to the sender I assume.

An item not received dispute would fail. Delivery of an item that is held at customs is classed as having been delivered as sellers cannot possiby know the rules for every country they send to. I would, if it is not an outright scam, be contacting the seller and telling them what happens if they use that carrier.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 22 of 59
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Pandora, you are not the first poster on these boards to report a $40 charge for items shipped through Aramex.   The other poster said that his package was being held for having insufficient documentation.

I don't know how his problem was solved, or if it was.

Message 23 of 59
Latest reply

I doubt it would say parcel delivered when it's still been held.

Edit: Thinking more about that my DHL parcels are never marked delivered while they have been held up for 5 days in customs it's only delivered when it reaches my PO.

Message 25 of 59
Latest reply

Harley, what PJ is saying is that if a buyer opens a dispute for an item not arriving, but it is proved that the parcel is being held by Customs (or has been destroyed or whatever) then the buyer will not win the dispute.   It is deemed to have arrived if it has gone missing due to Customs intervention.

Message 26 of 59
Latest reply

I sent a email and this is the reply from DPD Aramex...

"Your freight has been inspected by the Quarantine Department due to commodity concerns and insufficient description details of the product. Quarantine incurs a service fee for the inspection payable by consignee.

You need to exactly describe what the product is, and if it is new it needs to be

You can check the following link for more information about AQIS

requirements"

Message 27 of 59
Latest reply

Seems not right Aramex only tells me this because I asked ? why didn't they tell me that in the first email??!! Never had this happen with other items through Austalia post ... I wonder why the seller didn't do this ?? geez not fair and I hope a don't get a $30 a DAY holding fee .. ! Looks like I'v been caught in a bunny trap!? Cat Sad  

Message 28 of 59
Latest reply

Just read the other thread and boy!! Boy!!! am I angry .. these are sealed by the manfacturer Dog Toys! Obviously everything needs to be declared when using this shipping company ... why don't they make sure all paper work is done before accepting a parcel because even if there is nothing wrong with the contents you get copped with a $40 FEE?

Message 29 of 59
Latest reply

It certainly seems that they are less than ethical company to deal with...not acting illegally but their behaviour is less than moral.

Having seen these threads on the boards I will make sure not to buy from a seller using them...just as I avoid the GSP from the USA and Pitney Bowes.

Message 30 of 59
Latest reply