Aramex quarantine charge of $40 WHY??

Just recieved a email saying my parcel has been held and I have to pay a $40 fee to Aramex. I purchased Brand 5 NEW assorted Dogit Hagin Dog toys and I don't know why they would need to be inspected? All up they cost me around $100 and the listing for the postage was FREE.  The seller has only provided a tracking number on 3 of the dog toys so I don't even know which items are being held and if the seller has sent them separate I am wondering if I'll get another Quarantine notice and another fee??. I have nevr had this happen before and wonder if anyone can tell me why and what I can do ? ๐Ÿ˜ž There really shouldn't be anything wrong with these dog toys so I don't know why they would be in quaratine?.

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: Aramex quarantine charge of $40 WHY??

The time frame they gave me 24 hours didn't give me much leeway to inform the seller ... it more or less says here you go >> PAY HERE ... if this was paypal I would have more time ... but my only option is to pay or count my losses...

Message 41 of 59
Latest reply

Austalia Post said SCAM! NO NO NO do not give them my credit card details.. Australia Post said I should only have a tracking number that can be tracked on the Australia Post Site and they would never send a link asking for payment like this!.If I was contacted by AP it would be through the mail. I have contacted the seller and asked them what carrier they used and they haven't replied as yet. I am taking in all my emails recieved to show Australia Post... Im glad I didn't hand over money to these scammers they would have got hold of my credit card details. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 42 of 59
Latest reply

Well theres one problem straight away, rope,  if you have bought the same things  with rope then you were just lucky you got away with it.What was the rope made from, if its some type of poly rope that should have been ok. I hope these are basic questions you asked the seller!

Message 43 of 59
Latest reply

huh? nothing wrong with the rope and I have already checked with Australia Post and the Dog Toys are fine... nothing in the parcel that wouldn't be approved by Customs.... These toys can be brought at any local pet shop in Australia.

Message 44 of 59
Latest reply

The person I spoke to at Australia post told me to delete the emails and not to open any links... SCAM ...

Message 45 of 59
Latest reply

I was told if I had to pay a customs fine i would have to do it at the POST OFFICE not through a link in an email. and he laughed when I told him the email said I had 24 hours to respond a $30 a day storage FEE a DAY if I didn't pay within 3 days... We are protected by Australian Consumer Laws. and that is a joke !

Message 46 of 59
Latest reply

so have the toys arrived?
Message 47 of 59
Latest reply

NOPE.. but I hope they do... I have sceenshots of everything and will be taking this further. I have been told NOT to respond to the emails.Can you imagine how easy someone could pay a scammer if a business was allowed to send a link in a email? It didn't even mention WHY.. I had to ask before they sent me a message saying it was because the Seller didn't fill out the decaration on their end. I have friends who have been scammed and I want things officially in writing in the mail before I believe anyone to hand over money.

Message 48 of 59
Latest reply

Pandora, what has Australia Post got to do with anything?  

Aramex is a shipping and logistics company similar to Pitney Bowes in the USA.  They are a private "courier" company if you like.

Of course AP is going to tell you it is a scam if it is nothing to do with them and you are asking questions of them.  You already know rhe $40 customs fee is legit.

If you want to pay it then pay it....if you don't want to pay it then don't but you won't get your items.

Message 49 of 59
Latest reply

@pandora_z_box_123 wrote:

NOPE.. but I hope they do... I have sceenshots of everything and will be taking this further. I have been told NOT to respond to the emails.Can you imagine how easy someone could pay a scammer if a business was allowed to send a link in a email? It didn't even mention WHY.. I had to ask before they sent me a message saying it was because the Seller didn't fill out the decaration on their end. I have friends who have been scammed and I want things officially in writing in the mail before I believe anyone to hand over money.

Have you contacted Paypal about it yet?

It's all good & fine that the person at Australia Post told you that it was a scam and not to reply. I hope they're right. But if they aren't, they're not the ones out of pocket with nothing to show for it, and Paypal won't give two hoots about what your postie or some random person at Aus Post told you when considering a claim for item not received.

Contact Paypal and cover yourself, also, I imagine they'll know if this is indeed a scam or not.

Message 50 of 59
Latest reply