Archery (Bow arrows) scam from China

I recently purchased some archery gear from a China based seller.  Items were supposedly sent by registered post but what arrived was a red santa hat in a registered post bag (I assume so the seller could deceive paypal by giving them a registered post number...there is no detailed description of the goods such as weight and size).  I have lodged a paypal claim and suggest all the other people who bid on items from him around Christmas\New Year do the same.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vintfe
Community Member
There is a simple solution here if you paid with PayPal and PayPal does not refund your money lodge a complaint with the banking ombudsman as you did not receive your item and you have been defrauded I have found an ombudsman gets action

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

standard scam but usually wait till you put in an item not received claim in, Then you would get the santa hat then you change claim to not as described claim and so on.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

sorry greg just realised I don't have a clue what I am talking about.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Just because the seller used registered mail it does not stop you opening a dispute for item Not A Described.  Even if you have to return the santa hat by trackable post you should still come out ahead.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, I realise that but the problem is he didn't make a mistake, he is a crook....how can you (on two different shipments) make the same mistake and confuse archery gear with santa hats (which he didn't have listed at any point )?  He is just one of these shonky Chinese traders that are giving China such a bad name.  I predict that Paypal will be hit with about 20 claims in the next day or so all for the same problem.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Greg, a Not As Described claim is not just saying the seller has made a mistake.   You could receive the exact item that the seller listed but if it is broken and the seller did not say it is broken then you are entitled to open a dispute.

Open the dispute before it is too late....you only have 45 days from when you paid for the item.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

The point I was trying to make is that he is obviously a crook and intended to deceive..not some innocent mistake by a genuine trader...Paypal already raised, will see if their 'protection' is worth anything.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I have been using paypal for the whole time I have been using ebay....nearly 8 years now and I have made thousands of payments using paypal.  Never have I lost a claim if I have followed the rules.

I also used paypal for private money transfers between Australia,Canada and the USA...long before it was aquired by ebay and called paypal...no problems at all.

Don't look for problems before they eventuate....and if you do have a problem come back to the boards and ask for help.  There is usually someone around who will be able to help you.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

This happened to me years ago so i'm not sure if the Paypal policy has changed. But I ordered a handbag and received a watch. Opened a Item Signifcantly Not Described case in paypal, was told I have to return the watch via Registered Post which I did. China Post "delivered" the item but the person signing for it was apparently not the seller. Paypal favoured the seller. So I lost my money, the watch and never got a handbag. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Greg if you to page 2 in this forum there is a post called (possible Scam) midway through the first page it is explained how the SCAM works.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply