Are there new fees for purchasing on ebay?

I purchased a few items on july 12 and received extra debits in my paypal account from ebay australia and new zealand pty limited. it says that the fee/debit are related to my purchase, they are for like 90c, $1.20,30cents etc, but on top of the original purchase price. Are there new fees for purchases that i dont know about or should i be worried that someone is taking money from me?? I purchase from ebay alot (not lately) but have never had these extra transactional debits before. does anyone know what it could be ?

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

from July 1st there has been GST for low-cost items from all overseas sellers.

Do the extra amounts look like 10% of your purchase + shipping cost?

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

The GST is clearly shown when you go through checkout and pay for the items so how did you miss it?
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

This has been all over the news for years now, where have you been? Do you not watch TV or read anything?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I bought an item which I bidded on total coat was $1.80 and got slugged over $9.00 for import cost. This didnt show until I had to check out and pay. Wasn't very impressed to say the least. Would not have bidded if Id known about this import charge.
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

If the seller uses the GST then Pitney Bowes charges another fee to collect the GST.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

$10 for rat treats instead of $9? Alas, alack.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

No not pet food alas.I do buy other things in Ebay besides that.
Yep it was Pitney Bowes but cost didnt come up til I had to check out.
Nearly cancelled the order but thought it unfair to seller.
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I had the EXACT SAME THING happen to me. THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG ON ALL LEVELS. I am not buying from eBay ever again
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

EXACT SAME thing happen to me. THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG ON ALL LEVELS. BAD MOVE eBay. not buying from the ever again
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply