As a buyer I wasn’t allowed to leave negative feedback

I purchased $80 worth of one type of plant but was sent a totally different species. I went to leave negative feedback and a message popped up saying:
Feedback error
Buyers are not allowed to leave a neutral or negative feedback for a qualified seller within 7 days from the end of the transaction.
2 questions. Why? And can I leave negative feedback after 7 days after I paid or after the item was sent or after it was delivered?
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: As a buyer I wasn’t allowed to leave negative feedback

If the seller is not being helpful just open a dispute for INAD......include the identification of the plants by the other experts.to

Why would you jump into leaving feedback before trying to get your money back?

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

Already done and done. Is leaving negative feedback going to affect me getting my money back?
Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

No, but it is not usual to leave feedback until the transaction is finished.....you get your items or your money back.  Either way, you should say what happened.

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

@plant_hoarder wrote:
Already done and done. Is leaving negative feedback going to affect me getting my money back?

I've noticed some buyers make a point of including that after contacting PayPal they got their money back.  If you wait until you have the money before leaving feedback you can say something about it along those lines. 

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

I was a gardener all my working life not that that matters but what the hell do you mean by professional factual feedback?

You're not following the correct procedure here at all.

Ebay have in place the MBG so if you don't get what you pay for then get your money back.

So what you're saying is that this seller has purposely sent you the wrong plants?

Mate leaving negative for any seller could ruin their life if it isn't warranted.

Just made a note never to buy from you so go ahead and put me on your BBL.

Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

If you mention a dispute in feedback it can be removed, so it's really not a good idea. Just because other sellers don't get such comments removed doesn't mean it's okay to mention paypal/ebay disputes in feedback.
Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

I was a gardener all my working life not that that matters but what the hell do you mean by professional factual feedback?

Ebay have in place the MBG so if you don't get what you pay for then get your money back.

So what you're saying is that this seller has purposely sent you the wrong plants?

Mate leaving negative for any seller could ruin their life if it isn't warranted.

OP has already contacted the seller and been accused of being a fraudulent customer, so how is the neg not justified?  If they're selling something and accidentally send the wrong item they should fix it, and if they refuse to do so they deserve a negative..  If they don't know what they're selling and refuse to accept the fact that they don't know what they're doing, they deserve a negative so other buyers can be warned.

Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

@collect247 wrote:

OP has already contacted the seller and been accused of being a fraudulent customer, so how is the neg not justified?  If they're selling something and accidentally send the wrong item they should fix it, and if they refuse to do so they deserve a negative..  If they don't know what they're selling and refuse to accept the fact that they don't know what they're doing, they deserve a negative so other buyers can be warned.

Sorry but that's the part that I don't believe,what's to say OP isn't fibbing?

Opening an item not as described case would have solved any issue and not just a he said she said scenario.

OP has been around long enough but so should know better,but stated they still don't know what the process is in this situation.

OP is just going about it the wrong way in my opinion.

And Op has stated that there are no signs of any negativity from the seller so no one has warned any potential buyers that the seller is dishonest because they're not.

Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

Signs of another 2 competitors going at it to see who can stand on top of the mantel Woman Tongue

Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
If you mention a dispute in feedback it can be removed, so it's really not a good idea. Just because other sellers don't get such comments removed doesn't mean it's okay to mention paypal/ebay disputes in feedback.

I have seen a number of buyrs leave fedback along th lines of "seller did not refund voluntarily"....that covers a dispute nicely imo.

I used it myself on one occasion.

Message 20 of 36
Latest reply