As a buyer I wasn’t allowed to leave negative feedback

I purchased $80 worth of one type of plant but was sent a totally different species. I went to leave negative feedback and a message popped up saying:
Feedback error
Buyers are not allowed to leave a neutral or negative feedback for a qualified seller within 7 days from the end of the transaction.
2 questions. Why? And can I leave negative feedback after 7 days after I paid or after the item was sent or after it was delivered?
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Why because it's a top rated seller and after 7days.

And why do you want to leave negative feedback? 

Just because you received the wrong item,then open an item not as described case.

No need for a negative feedback.

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

Before leaving feedback have you contacted the seller? If it was an honest mistake they will most likely try to fix the problem. Most sellers are honest and give great customer service. Please contact them before rushing to feedback. You have plenty of time to leave it if the seller won't come to the party.

Yes, after 7 days you can leave a neg.

Latest reply

It's a feature Top rated sellers have so buyers don't rush in leaving emotional negs rather than professional factual feedback.

It's usually 7 days after delivery date.

Enough time for sellers to rectify a problem and buyers cool off. Smiley Wink

image host
Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

It's a feature Top rated sellers have so buyers don't rush in leaving emotional negs rather than professional factual feedback.

It's usually 7 days after delivery date.

Enough time for sellers to rectify a problem and buyers cool off. Smiley Wink

OP is one themselves so should know

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

Already had contacted buyer and was told I have no clue and that I’m a fraudulent customer
Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

There is no need to be passive aggressive. It is professional factual feedback. I’ve been a horticulturist for 17 years. I also took photos and sent them to 2 people. They both came back with the same answer and I never mentioned what I thought that plant was
Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

There is definitely need for negative feedback, I always check the negative feedback and if there were any saying the plant I bought isn’t actually the plant I bought, then I wouldn’t have purchased them and I wouldn’t be in this conundrum now would I
Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

I know most sellers are honest, I’m one of them. But you can’t tell me there aren’t dishonest or uneducated sellers out there
Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

Just because I’m also a top rated seller, doesn’t mean I know all the ins and outs of it. Someone can be of Asian decent, doesn’t mean they know everything about their heritage
Message 10 of 36
Latest reply