Asian companies declaring goods stocked in Australia but coming from Asia

Ebay should crack down on these companies declaring goods are stocked in Australia when in actuality the goods come from asian countries then these companies have the temerity to blame Australia post for late deliveries. For example buy and pay for product same day 16th Jan and no delivery till 24th Jan. I can't remember how many times I have experienced this in ther last 12 months. So much so that I am considering going elsewhere to purchase goods online.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay do not care

Best thing is to look at the seller's feedback. A huge % of these sellers have dozens and dozens of negs saying it was sent from overseas despite the listing itself claiming they have/had stock in Australia

Other thing, as you say, there are many other places to buy from on-line if someone does not want to buy in person 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

For example buy and pay for product same day 16th Jan and no delivery till 24th Jan.

Seriously ...Thats normal for Aust post. There is  - no way -  something comes from overseas in that short of amount of time. You seem to have some strange ideas on postage times !  

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I have received items from US in several days not weeks.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

But that does not mean it is normal.

Many items posted in Australia take over two weeks to arrive even when posted in the same state. I have had items arrive in days from China and others from the same company and coming from the same place taking 4 weeks. many items from the US also take weeks. The time scale you describe is normal for Australian post.

Latest reply

You have been very very lucky indeed

Most certainly not 'the norm' these days

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

That time frame doesn't sound anywhere near long enough if the items were coming from Asia.

It actually sounds pretty normal for interstate delivery by Australia Post within Australia - something completely out of the seller's control.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply