Auspost - please take it easy on the sellers over X-mas

Hi buyers,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the postage time quoted by Ebay is WAYYYYYYY off.

Please take it easy on us sellers, I have had items take 8 DAYS to go 15 k's in the last week (trackable of course).

Some of our buyers in QLD are waiting 10 business days to get their items at this time, if you live in WA I truly feel sorry for you, 15 days to deliver...

Its the same every year, and every year we field the "EBAY TOLD ME IT WOULD BE HERE TODAY !!!" emails..

Merry X-mas guys and gals !

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Interestingly, I've found it the opposite the last few weeks. It was the same last Christmas. Stuff arriving at supersonic speeds. Sadly, it will be back to snails pace as soon as Christmas has been and gone.

To add to what you wrote, I hope buyers remember that us sellers have no control over the public holidays and Aust Post picnic days over the Christmas break. Express post could take 5 days. Regular post will take a lot longer. EBay considers weekends to be business days as far as their ridiculous estimates go. We can't get your parcels to you any quicker than what AP can deliver them.

We can't force them to work on down days just because you want your parcel. Please remember that when leaving feedback or answering the seller killing question about whether your item arrived before the estimate. Either tick yes regardless, or don't tick it at all. Lots of sellers risk losing their accounts over Christmas and New Year because of that stupid question. It might well be your favourite seller! 

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Absolutely agree !

Not one of my buyers have complained about the ridiculously long delivery times.

Clearly ebay do not take the Christmas postal chaos into account when they quote delivery times for this period.

It could certainly lead to unrealistic expectations amongst less seasoned / experienced buyers.

Tracking more important than ever at this time of year. .. . . which would be fine if both auspost and ebay kept the tracking info updated. . . .which in many cases they haven't been doing !!!

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply