Banned by seller for making a 'best offer'

kidres0
Community Member

Some idiot had an item he listed for $14 AUD and I made an 'best offer' of $7 AUD and he rejected the offer, then banned me. There was not a word exchanged between us, all that was exchanged was a 'best off'. Which is fine. Wouldn't want to deal with that cockroache anyway. But why can I still see his listings? It's like ebay is trying to troll me. If I can't buy anything from this jerk, why do I have to see his listings?

Message 1 of 203
Latest reply
202 REPLIES 202

...additionally, a number where I retracted bids I resubmitted new bids and a lot of them I ended up winning.

Message 91 of 203
Latest reply

your budget is no concern to sellers.

What if that seller relies on their eBay sales to put food on the table?  Your lowball offer might be the difference between them having a junior burger or a Big Mac!

Message 92 of 203
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

your budget is no concern to sellers.

What if that seller relies on their eBay sales to put food on the table?  Your lowball offer might be the difference between them having a junior burger or a Big Mac!

No one has a gun to their head. I am just making a harmless offer!

Message 93 of 203
Latest reply

.... I certainly don't expect anything, as you keep on insisting! I am seeing if he is prepared to sell it for what I am prepared to buy it for and if not, then that's that.

Message 94 of 203
Latest reply

@kidres0 wrote:

.... I certainly don't expect anything, as you keep on insisting! I am seeing if he is prepared to sell it for what I am prepared to buy it for and if not, then that's that.

At which point, given he would undoubtedly have the same attitude about all of his stock, his banning you is irrelevant. You seem unlikely to buy at list price (or a decent whack of it), he won't entertain lowball offers.

This way you can't accidentally waste each other's time.

Message 95 of 203
Latest reply

If your only attempt at buying a card today was this card, would you have offered 80% of the asking price?

Spoiler
you have posted that one reason for the lowball offer was because you had bought a dozen cards and every dollar counts. So, if this was the only card today, would you have offered more as a first offer?
Message 96 of 203
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@kidres0 wrote:

At which point, given he would undoubtedly have the same attitude about all of his stock, his banning you is irrelevant. You seem unlikely to buy at list price (or a decent whack of it), he won't entertain lowball offers.

Ban people based on assumptions. I didn't want any of his other stock. It's all rubbish to me, save the one incomplete set of cards with an unspecified number of duplicates that I can get complete for twice the cost if I wanted it that badly. I bid what I thought it was worth. Come to think of it, that is not even low balling so I regret even using your language in that regard.

If he thinks he can get more for it, good for him. But his listed price doesn't even compete given I have bought 3 sets of complete decks for under $20 AUD. A complete set of cards, no repeats, for $18 AUD (the last one I bought, the two before that I believe were $17 AUD all including postage and handling) versus his incomplete set containing who knows how many duplicates of a worse artist that few probably remember and are even searching on ebay for 75% of that cost? I offered almost what I thought it was worth, expect him to counter offer.

If you don't want people to offer, don't put that feature on your listing!

Message 97 of 203
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@kidres0 wrote:

Good point.  Finding they're blocked means they don't waste time making offers that won't be accepted anyway.

Message 98 of 203
Latest reply

No. But I may have considered it in a month when I had not spent so much above my monthly quota.

Message 99 of 203
Latest reply

So you now have THREE complete sets and you're looking to bolster that with incomplete sets.

It would seem there are more things here than meet the eye.

Like maybe screwing sellers getting bargains as an investment. Instead of stocks. Rare earths are the go at the moment.

Message 100 of 203
Latest reply