Beware 2 year warranty fraud.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Buyer beware 2 years warranty not worth a pinch of salt. And yes Ebay does not help. Purchased a rangehood and within ten months the led light casing warped out of shape and popped out. Have you had a problem with REMOVED products? Any ideas? VICAT?

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not asking for anything unreasonable! All i am asking for is for the seller to post me the faulty part that would probably cost them pennies but as the saying goes some people are penny wise and pound fools!   

Do you honestly believe the seller that gave you a fake warranty is going to send you a spare part for a 10 month old transaction, when they would be fully aware you have no buyer protection at all after that amount of time ?????

I know who I believe is the "penny wise and pound fool" in this situation.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 21 of 41
Latest reply

You know it and I know it that Ebay hides the identity of the seller. Why not provide the sellers identity/phone/email to the buyer to communicate with the seller? I am not asking for anything unreasonable! All i am asking for is for the seller to post me the faulty part that would probably cost them pennies but as the saying goes some people are penny wise and pound fools!       

I find that when I purchase items, the packing slip often comes with some seller details and personally my own packing slips have a certain level of information on them for my buyers.

Assuming you bought the item from a Chinese seller, what, exactly would you do with the information?

Phone up some guy in Beijing and tell him to send you a spare part? He's going to laugh at you, let alone get into a discussion about a faulty item. 

If you paid by Paypal, you might be able to see the details of the transaction in your purchase history.

The only person who is pennywise/pound foolish here is you - you bought cheap junk and now it's costing you time, effort and even more money in the long run.

Message 22 of 41
Latest reply

No, I do not know any such thing as 'eBay hiding the identity of the seller'

Never, ever experienced such a thing as a buyer for 16 years

Cute that you tell other members what they know when you do not know the most basic of things re warranties 

Spoiler
Or you are just pretending not to understand because you like the attention
Message 23 of 41
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

tuckcase 1989

How does eBay hide the identity of the seller?

I have never experienced this.

If you are working for ebay you will not experience this but if you bought an advertised item with 2 years warranty written in big big letters that cannot be missed and there was a faulty part and communicate with the seller through Ebay and you are told they will look into it the first time and they make other excuses the second time and when you complain to ebay you are told that they cannot provide you with any phone/email/and any other information then you will have experienced THIS! 

Message 24 of 41
Latest reply

Haven't you realised?  You aren't getting anything under warranty.

My tip.....google who is an authorised seller of rangehoods and buy another.

They are not that expensive.

I got mine for less than $100 on sale

Message 25 of 41
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you saying if anyone is advertising through Ebay with a 2 year warranty is fake warranty?

If so Ebay is assisting the scammers.

"fake warranty is going to send you a spare part for a 10 month old transaction"

If as you say fake warranty I would not expect anything! But if Ebay knows of the fake warranty then you know who is in the wrong!

"I know who I believe is the "penny wise and pound fool" in this situation".

Replacement of a cheap part is very cheap advertising for honest smart operators. 

Message 26 of 41
Latest reply

If it's a 'cheap part' and you can fix the problem, why not just buy the 'cheap part' and avoid all this heartburn?

Message 27 of 41
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you saying if anyone is advertising through Ebay with a 2 year warranty is fake warranty?

I have never said that, what I did say is that only Australian registered authorised sellers/resellers or distributors can offer a valid warranty.

But if Ebay knows of the fake warranty then you know who is in the wrong!

Yes I do, you for being gullible.

The other thing I would be very concerned about is that the range hood is probably not certified for use in Australia, and that melting light might well be an indication that the unit is overheating.

How good is your house insurance ?????

Message 28 of 41
Latest reply

Good point Padi!

OP - you should know that random electrical items from Chinese Ebay sellers are the very LAST thing you want in your home as they are often not manufactured to our high safety standards. Plenty of horror stories of peoples homes who have caught on fire because they bought some cheap junk to save a few $$.

I would suggest you just go out and buy a compliant item from an Aussie business and put this behind you as you are not getting anywhere and you're not understanding that neither Ebay nor anyone here can help you.

Message 29 of 41
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

OP - you should know that random electrical items from Chinese Ebay sellers are the very LAST thing you want in your home as they are often not manufactured to our high safety standards. Plenty of horror stories of peoples homes who have caught on fire because they bought some cheap junk to save a few $$.

On top of that Jelly, when an electrical fault is suspected as the cause of a fire the FIRST thing insurance assessors look at is if the electrical device was Australian Compliant. If it wasn't then the insurance is void.

Message 30 of 41
Latest reply