Bidding limits

I have bid on an item and then I went to bid on another item from the same seller but I was blocked from bidding on the 2nd

item because it said that I have bid on one item with the seller therefor I'm not permitted to bid or buy a second item from them.

Looks like this seller wants everyone to have a chance at winning an item from them lol.

But why and what will this prove lol.

Anyone else come across a situation like this?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bidding limits

@chameleon54 wrote:

PS. Its a bit like a human appendix. I,m sure it served a very useful purpose once, but now everyone has forgotten what it does or why its there and every now and then it flares up and causes trouble.....Smiley LOL

It's in Site Preferences  > Buyer Requirements and it can be set for won 1 item or another increment to 100

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought

1 of my items in the last 10 days.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Bidding limits

I suppose it's a good way of not having to combine postage lol

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

Maybe they set the limit block wrong?

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

I've seen a limit of 10 items per buyer but a limit of 1 c'mon.

I've contacted the seller to see what's doing hopefully they respond and don't block me instead Woman Sad

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

There is a setting in the sellers account settings which can be set to block buyers from bidding on multiple items from the same seller. My guess is they have either inadvertantly activated the limit in their account settings or one of ebays gremlins has changed the sellers settings for them. ( Gee, thanks ebay....Smiley Frustrated   ). Many sellers dont even know this feature exists, let alone where to find it and how to change it.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

PS. Its a bit like a human appendix. I,m sure it served a very useful purpose once, but now everyone has forgotten what it does or why its there and every now and then it flares up and causes trouble.....Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

Had my appendix removed when I was 15 years of age but I sometimes still feel that paid haha

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

@chameleon54 wrote:

It's in Site Preferences  > Buyer Requirements and it can be set for won 1 item or another increment to 100

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought

1 of my items in the last 10 days.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

It may be an ebay glitch (who would think?). I used to have mine set as a limit of 10 but got a couple of messages from bidders, unfortunately after the items ended, to say they had not been able to bid on a second item. When I checked nearly half my listings were now showing a limit of 10. After a while on checking again some had again gone to one. I removed the restriction altogether and have had no problems since.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Bidding limits

I had the same issue and did a bit of research on this.

it's often to encourage buyers to purchase directly from sellers store, sometimes due to sellers having limited stock available at that price. Or to stop fraudulent buyers from purchasing  all of the sellers items, or buyers that bid but never pay or can't afford too. I think it's referred to as 'shill' bidding?

Can also prevent buyers from purchasing bulk items and re-selling them.

It seems silly to have this limit for auctions though, I agree surely it would mean the seller losing out on money! 

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply