Black mohair monkey

I bid on a monkey for 5 days last couple of hours new high bidder I waited till s couple minutes before auction ended and placed high final bid ebay sent back outbid!! Trouble is my bid was wAy higher again I sent in high bid and again I recieved outbid from ebay the auction ended and even though the winning bid was way less than I had bid they won and my bid was not recognised. Very frustrating I immediately contacted ebay and seller but nothing could be done if the winning bidder would like to sell the monkey I sm very keen thx
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Black mohair monkey

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can you post the item number please?   I could not find any listings that fit what you are talking about.

Someone may be able to work out what went wrong with your bids.

It is most unlikely that the winner will even know about the boards, much less see your post.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

According to the bid history on item no. 371249624693,you had the winning bid on that truly hideous creature for $42.35 Aus + $37.50 post on the 14.2.15.

Check your purchase history as it should be there.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

Good detective work Narelle......I would hardly call that black.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

Thanks but it wasn't really an effort.

Catspjs had a thread about Watchcount a month or so ago but it got buried by other topics as often happens on a busy day.

It does the same as the old buyer bidding/purchase history search that eBay took away.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

Narelle - as far as I am aware watchcount only shows the items buyers are the winning bidder on.

As the OP said they had not won the auction I think the item number might be 400856692813 and the OP might be the bidder showing as s***a ( 48Feedback score is 10 to 49)

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

Oh dear lord,I never thought there was such a thing as a mohair monkey,let alone 2 of them!

I just saw the 1 & figured that was it.Maybe OP got mixed up with bidding in U.S $ when she thought she had the highest bid.

I dunno,i just wanted to see the creepy monkey.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

Thanks guys for all your homework!! eBay said my bids were not recognised even though they came back with an outbid try again! After placing them and no the currency was not mixed up as the winning bid at 83 us was two digits mine was three and over twice the amount it was item 400856692813 i would dearly love to communicate to the winning buyer and ask if they would consider selling him to me but I do not know his I would message them any ideas? This was such a huge disappointment thank you guys for all your help
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

Just wondering if Buyer Restrictions of some sort may have been in place, and caused the problem?

I had a seller forward on a request from somone a while back (I'd bought an item, the fellow saw it in completed listings, and got in touch via the seller) - there's no real reason why a seller couldn't pass your contact details along to the buyer, but nor is there anything obliging them to...

Explain the situation to the seller, if you can get in contact with him / her (but, if a Buyer Restriction is in place, the seller may also be blocking messages).

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Black mohair monkey

Yes when Tis happened with the bidding I immediatly contacted the seller and explained the situation and frantically tried to contact ebay for help there was no buyer restriction in place just a glitch I did ask the seller to pass on my details but I don't know if she would have. Does anyone know his to get in contact with another bidder?
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply