Blocked

I have been buying from a seller frequently in the last few months and tried to do a purchase this evening but to my disappointment have been blocked. What is general reason to be blocked and how could I have the block removed. NOT HAPPY.Grrrr...
Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Blocked

@michellebartleywrote:
I just read one of the sellers negative feedbacks and it said"Blocked for no reason and I was a regular customer". Seems I'm not the only one. Huh!

I'm assuming the buyer gave this feedback on a previous item they had bought before the block kicked in. Probably not very fair as it isn't relevant to that transaction at all.

You could be right, it could be that the seller is quick to block. This could happen if there is the slightest hitch in any transaction & you did mention a refund was given to you for a wrong shipping cost. Did they initiate that themselves or were you the one who pointed out the glitch?

The thing with sellers & blocking is that every person is different and some are probably more easy going than others. Others are very twitchy and block at the drop of a hat. Your seller sounds to be one of those.

But there is another possibility..the block may in fact have nothing to do with you individually. Perhaps the seller has decided not to sell to some overseas countries any more? If a seller had a few problems with international sales (not necessarily even with a sale to you personally), it might be enough to turn them off and decide to sell to eg USA only or UK only.

I can see how you might feel a bit hurt if you think of yourself as a regular, valuable customer yet you suddenly find yourself blocked.

But there is not a lot you can do about it. I would not worry too much, there are sure to be other sellers who will come along.

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Blocked

I just read one of the sellers negative feedbacks and it said"Blocked for no reason and I was a regular customer". Seems I'm not the only one. Huh!
Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

Go back to the last thread you started about this.

All the answers are there.

Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

@michellebartleywrote:

That's a good trick. If they were blocked they wouldn't be able to buy, therefore there would be no transaction to leave feedback for.

Maybe the seller found out that their overseas customers were illegally importing their products and decided not to sell to them any more.

Or Australian Customs let UK/US/wherever Customs know the seller was selling goods that were illegal in Australia and the seller was advised not to sell to Australian customers.

Take your pick. It doesn't matter anyway; if you're blocked you're blocked and there is certainly nothing board members can do to change that.

Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

@michellebartleywrote:
I have been buying from a seller frequently in the last few months and tried to do a purchase this evening but to my disappointment have been blocked. What is general reason to be blocked and how could I have the block removed. NOT HAPPY.Grrrr...

There's a number of reasons for a seller blocking a buyer, I'm afraid in your case it may be that the seller sees you as a troublesome buyer, and is unlikely to lift the block on you.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

That was a bid not a buy. How can you be troublesome, more explanation. All the money I've spent on them and then get blocked. Just like a discarded rag. Ill be glad when Amazon gets a good foothold here in Australia. Bad luck for Ebay.
Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

@michellebartleywrote:
 How can you be troublesome, more explanation. 

Ask the seller that blocked you Michelle, they might tell you the reason.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

I have asked for block to be removed and waiting for a reply.
Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

You probably won't get a reply from the seller.

As for the reason.....read any thread that you have started on the boards and see the warnings that have been given to you about your general buying behaviour.   Any one of those reasons could see you blocked by sellers the world over.

Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

Blocked

Its going viral...I think its just something that will pass over time. Like the flu or measles.
Message 10 of 55
Latest reply