Buyer beware

I bought a complete kitchen on eBay.  It was expensive. I then spent a day organising people to help me dismantle it, transport it and reassemble it.  I entered into a contract to sell it and install it. I spent hours measuring and planning. The seller then cancelled and refunded.  I am several thousand dollars out of pocket.  EBay said that because I got a refund - maybe I did, but it seems likely to take five days or so to happen - I have no rights. Ebay threatens buyers that they are entering into a contract that they must honour. There is no means of contacting them except by chat because the 'purchase was refunded'. Ebay's chat doesn't work - the minutes count down then when it gets to 1 minute it freezes. There is not even an email address to record disappointment. Be aware that when you purchase on eBay you are on your own.  There is no redress other than refund. In any legitimate market the law of contract would allow redress through the courts.  eBay is designed to ensure that can never happen. Draw your own conclusions, but beware.

Message 1 of 62
Latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Buyer beware

Have you bought 2 kitchens in the last month and got jilted on both of them? That's pretty rough if you did. At least you got to leave the negative feedback before the cancellation went through on one of them. Phew!

You don't need to keep threatening to leave ebay. They don't care. They won't even notice. You are not even a blip to them. It's pointless putting a warning on here. Out of probably a billion members around the world, there might be a couple of hundred who visit the forums. Your outrage and warnings aren't going to be seen by very many people.

Good luck with Marketplace. You'll need it.

Message 61 of 62
Latest reply

Re: Buyer beware

Subject closed

Message 62 of 62
Latest reply