Buying

Hi

I bought a dvd movie and the picture was terrible, not how described.  I ask the seller and they said they will send me a new disc but nothing has arrived. 

Asked eBay for help and opened up a case but now eBay tells me the case is closed. 

I still don't have a refund or a new dvd movie disc.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Buying

What kind of case did you open with eBay?

(item not as described or item not received?)

And did you follow the case through within the time frame you were given?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Buying

Open an item not as described dispute through PayPal. Keep an eye on it and escalate it when you are able. If ebay closed your dispute, you probably didn't escalate in time and it's timed out. I think you can escalate after about 4 days.

If that doesn't work and you paid with a credit card, you can try a chargeback through your card provider.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Buying

@acbcbchc wrote:

Hi

I bought a dvd movie and the picture was terrible, not how described.  I ask the seller and they said they will send me a new disc but nothing has arrived. 

Asked eBay for help and opened up a case but now eBay tells me the case is closed. 

I still don't have a refund or a new dvd movie disc.

------------------------------------------------------

Hi, sorry to hear about your issue and the case being closed. As suggested elsewhere on this thread, you have a PayPal dispute option (if purchased with PayPal). Please be aware of the well-used "Drag it out until the 60 option for TTLFB (Time to leave feedback) has expired" trick / ploy. Many people have been caught out by this. Not saying that this is the case with this particular seller you dealt with. But there is a possibility. You have 180 day with PayPal from time of purchase but you need to get this sorted way before that.  Get a refund and then leave appropriate feedback to represent your experience.

You can C&P some of the dialogue between yourself and seller into the field where you contact seller via the PayPal dispute process. That can help your case.

Yeah, I've been caught on the odd occasion with the "Drag it out until the 60 option for TTLFB (Time to leave feedback) has expired" trick / ploy. With the usual things going on in life, I forgot all about it.  Didn't remember until a couple of years later (or whenever it was) for one of them. Seller said that he was going to send a replacement copy from his own collection. It never happened.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Buying

Thanks all for the replies. 

After a long chat with EBay they have given me a refund and are chasing up the seller. 

Some sellers are blaming the virus for late postal deliveries outside the times where buyers buyers can report them or post negative feedbacks. 

I still don't know why EBay shut down my refund request but all is good now.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Buying

Hi acbcbchc, good to  hear it turned out ok for you after all of that.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply