Can't give feedback after only 5 days have passed? Really??

madexa
Community Member

I've bought a software license code on eBay on the 2nd of August. The seller sent me the code the same day, I activated my product and it works.

As I can't be entirely sure if the code is legit or not, I decided to wait a few days and see if it would get blocked by the software company (they block stolen license codes really fast).

Today is August 7th, so just 5 days later. I decide to give positive feedback but eBay says I can no longer give feedback for this item?!

This is just ridiculous and hurts both the seller and me (obviously I won't get any feedback now eiher).

I know some of you don't give a hoot about feedback but I think it's important to show others if sellers/buyers are trustworthy and providing good service.

Now I can't do that...

Isn't the feedback timeframe normally supposed to be like 60 days or something? Or does it have to do with not being a physical object being sent to me?

Either way, it's pretty ridiculous and kind of reminds me why I don't buy much on eBay anymore these days. There's always something bad going on it seems.

I often buy from a large, well known website which I won't name here but they give you a lot of time to confirm receipt and give feedback quite some time later (I think up to 2 weeks or so).

You can even ask the seller to extend the timeframe.

That's a WAY better system IMO. Maybe eBay should start thinking about doing this is well...

In the end the seller sold something, got his money, and I've received what I paid for so not a huge deal but there's definitely room for improvement here. Then again, I've always felt eBay doesn't care about user experience so... meh.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I just assumed you would have been registered here in Australia when you asked on the member to member forum for eBay Australia 

Could well be different where you are, so best off asking there to get advice since things could well work differently there

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

madexa
Community Member

Contacted eBay support and it appears to be a technical issue with some accounts. They're looking into it.

I think they've basically copy pasted an answer sent to someone else as the name in the email (addressed to) wasn't mine. It also appears to be mixed up with a bit of internal messaging, most likely as my Dutch request was translated to English and sent to HQ support.

Hello [...],

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Support regarding the issue you faced leaving feedback. My name is [...] and I am happy to help you out with your concern.

[...], I can understand that you are unable to give feedback.. I regret for the inconvenience this has caused to you. Let me check the details.

In order to help you, I checked the details and I discussed this issue with our technical team. Here, I would like to inform you that this is a temporary technical issue on eBay site and other users are facing same issue.

Here, I would like to assure you that your account is absolutely fine and there is nothing wrong from your side. To resolve the issue for you, I have immediately forwarded your account detail to our technical team and it is under review by our technical team. . Currently there are a number of eBay members affected by this and we're attempting to isolate the problem based on reports, like the one you sent.

I understand how important this is for you. Please be assured that our technical team is working hard to resolve this as quickly as possible so that you can have the best possible experience while using eBay.

I would like to assure you that you are a valuable eBay user. We will surely assist you till your concern is resolved. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. Have a nice day and stay safe!

Kind regards,

[...]

Now, let's hope that's what it is and will be resolved soon. I haven't read any other similar complaints despite multiple people affected. Then again, maybe they've just contacted CS instead of posting in the forums.

Since I now have a definite answer, I'll leave it at that.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this topic!

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Not true

However, it did used to be a buyer had to wait 7 days to give a neg or a neaut to some sellers

not sure if that is still the case, but there certainly has never been a 5 day limit to leave feedback at all

Then again since you bought a ‘digital’ item that might be it

I would never risk buying such a thing off some random on eBay and risk being hacked, attacked etc but that’s me

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Well, I'm not lying.

The blue "Leave feedback" button is there:

ebay1.png

But when I click it:

ebay2.png

I think it must have to de with being a 'digital' item or the fact the seller doesn't accept returns maybe?

PS: It's just a key, not the software. So there is no danger of being hacked. The software I've downloaded from the official manufacturer's website. Then you can register it with a key/serial. As it hasn't been blocked in 5 days now, I'm pretty confident it's a legit (read: not stolen) key/serial.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

I note you are in Belgium.

Perhaps sign out of eBay,com.au (Australia) & sign into your home site  & try from there.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Sorry, I just assumed you would have been registered here in Australia when you asked on the member to member forum for eBay Australia 

Could well be different where you are, so best off asking there to get advice since things could well work differently there

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Oh... didn't even realise, haha. I think it's because I searched about feedback through a search engine and ended up on the .au forum.

But even when I'm using the Belgian variant it's the same. Can't give feedback for some reason.

I'll post there instead.

Although I still don't have a clear answer why it isn't working, I appreciate your help!

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Maybe the seller has been booted?

Your complaint about not being able to receive feedback is irrelevant. Buyers can only receive positive feedback, which means a buyer's feedback is simply a count of how many sellers have left feedback, not anything related to your integrity.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Booted, does that mean banned? Because his account is still active though he doesn't have any listings as of now. At the time of my purchase he only had the one I've bought but he does seem to sell those software keys every now and then.

I didn't know buyers can only receive positive feedback!

In that case, you're right. It doesn't hold much value then.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Yes, that is what dave means.

If you lurk on the Strayan boards long enough you will learn some more of our quaint expressions.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Try going to the ebay US site (ebay.com). Sometimes things work there that don't work elsewhere. Like the amount of time to leave feedback.

It could be though, that others have said, being a digital item might mean there is limited time to leave feedback. I've never heard of short feedback times though, I thought it was always 60 days. I've not bought digital items though.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply