Cancellation Ignored

sabl-82
Community Member

I have tried twice to cancel Order No. 27-10007-59055 but nothing happens. Now I am going to be stuck with an item and its cost that I do not need.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Cancellation Ignored

A little more information is needed to even understand.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Cancellation Ignored

If you don't need the item why did you buy it?

Have you contacted the seller?

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Cancellation Ignored

You can only cancel within an hour, and the seller can ignore or decline the cancellation. After that, only the seller can cancel.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Cancellation Ignored

Don't buy things you don't want

YOU cannot cancel, only the seller can do that, and they are not obligated to do so

Sell it yourself once it arrives 

You don't seem concerned that you want to waste the seller's time and money (in fees) and likely cost them a genuine sale 

Thank you for letting other sellers here know

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Cancellation Ignored

Another problem buyer on my Blocked list

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Cancellation Ignored

@sabl-82 wrote:

I have tried twice to cancel Order No. 27-10007-59055 but nothing happens. Now I am going to be stuck with an item and its cost that I do not need.

I've ticked your post in the hope you'll get a notification and come back because I think you are under the impression you're talking to ebay.

You're not.

This is a public messageboard.

But even if you were talking to ebay, you're making it sound as if it is ebay's fault that this has happened.

It's not, it is your fault. You're the one who bought it.

There also seems to be a belief out there that if you buy and want to cancel, you can do it no worries within the hour.

As far as I am aware, that is not strictly true. The buyer can't cancel, only the seller.

Many sellers might cancel an order for you, but you need to be aware that even if they cancel, they are still up for, I think it is a 30c fee. Plus their time and trouble to cancel.

So you won't be very popular.

In fact, it will be enough to make some sellers put you on their blocked list, so you can never buy from them.

Might not worry you as after all, there are thousands of different sellers, but maybe keep it in mind if you go to make any other purchases and make sure you really want it before you commit to buy.

Meanwhile, if you send a message to the seller and ask about a cancellation, they may oblige. Or they may not. But you won't know unless you ask.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Cancellation Ignored

Interesting OP is complaining that their cancellation request was ignored,  but they have ignored the questions in the thread they started.  LOL

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply