Cancelling transaction on an Item I have tried to buy.

bec433
Community Member

I was the winning bidder on an item on the 5/11/14.  I paid using paypal but when the transaction kept coming up as 'processing' I was told the sellers paypal account needed an email address or additional information (or something to that effect).    I have tried half a dozen times to contact the seller without response. I eventually  I withdrew the paypal payment in the hope the seller would contact me so the issue could be resolved.  As no contact has been made to date I am wondering if I can I cancel the transaction so it leaves my purchase history.  It is just sitting there, doing nothing.  

Thanks for your wisdom.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

No, you cannot cancel the transaction......only the seller can do that.

If by any chance the seller opens a non paying bidder dispute you just need toanswer the dispute with the paypal transaction number.

It sounds as if you have had a lucky escape from a possible scamming seller.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks heaps for the response.  Its much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

In cases where the seller is unresponsive to your messages, you have the option to get their phone number and give them a call.

If the seller is still unresponsive then you can just leave it as it since only the seller can initiate a cancellation case on their end and you need to accept it.

You will still receive notifications to pay for that item from eBay but you can just ignore it until such time that it will stop. But in any case that an unpaid item is opened for it since there are sellers who are using a UPI assistant and seller is still unresponsive then what you can do is wait until the case will be closed since that is the time that you can make an appeal for this so that eBay can have it investigated and they can remove the strike on your account.

As for the item that is on your account, you cannot really remove it but you can just move it to your archived.

1. Log-in to your eBay account.
2. Click on my eBay.
3. Under activity Tab, click on "Purchase History".
4. Look for the item that you wish to move.
5. Tick the box on the left side of the item.
6. Scroll down, look for the "Archive" button and click on it.

Woman Very Happy

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply