How to report a scam that occurred before November?

sr5ayr
Community Member

I purchased an item a while ago, the seller kept making excuses as to why I hadn't received it, and has now stopped communicating.

I want to report the member to eBay, but everytime I try to open a dispute it says item is not eligeble for money back guarantee.

I am not trying to use this money back guarantee-how do I report the member? it always used to be possible to open disputes before they implemented this new money back policy... 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I have an old link about reporting a seller  - you will need the seller id and the item no.

http://contact.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2016&rcode=IV%25P20073&subject=Seller%2...=

sorry about the long link - I don't know how to do shorter - or maybe this works

report seller

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
What was the actual date of purchase, and did you pay via Paypal? You have 45 days from the date of sale in which to lodge an INR dispute then a further 20 days in which to escalate to a claim, so if it's been less than 45 days and it's not an ineligible item, such as a voucher or other intangible item, there is no reason you cannot lodge a dispute with Paypal. If you are having difficulty doing so through eBay, log on to Paypal directly and go to your account, where you can lodge a dispute from that specific transaction.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You can directly report the listing so that it will be forwarded right away to the Trust and Safety Team.

Here is how you can do it;

1. Click the title of the listing. Then you will be routed to the main page.
2. Scroll Down and on the right middle part of the page, you will see the link "Report Item". Click on it.
3. Follow the steps provided by the website.

Woman Surprised

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply