Cash

au-achka
Community Member

Hi 

I am really new to auction the seller wants me to pay cash for pick up eBay keep asking me to pay or I will be in trouble  I don't  know what to do and  I don't know how to contact eBay

thanks 

Au-ackka 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Cash

After winning the auction the seller and yourself arrange a time for you to inspect the item. After inspection, and if it is as described and you pay cash and pick up then the seller will mark as paid. You don't have to worry about Ebays automatice payment reminder. Cash is best for pick up items.

Latest reply

Cash

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the buyer can also mark it as paid once they've done so by cash or bank deposit.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Cash

Correct, buyer can mark as paid. (Used if buyer sends cheque or MO in mail)

achka, eBay only send a payment reminder, just ignore it, you don't get into trouble.

image host
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Cash

go-tazz
Community Member

There is a way on pick up items to give details and request cash on pick up.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/accepted-payment-methods.html ,(under Payment on pick-up ).

Does this method require eBay checkout? Yes.

Once the buyer goes through checkout for your item, they can select the 'Payment Upon Pick-Up' option.

How soon am I paid? Immediately. In-person payment methods can include bank cheques, personal cheques,

money orders or cash. In your listing, be clear about which of these payment methods you'll accept.

The seller can then send an invoice to the buyer with their address details.

The buyer needs to go through checkout to get the Pay on pick up option.

So a seller stipulates to the buyer in the listing to go through check out and change it to cash on pick up and

that they then need to wait for an invoice then it should be all above board according to their own policies.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply