Change the rules

am quite a good customer on eBay mostly as a buyer. I am getting really fed up with delivery and sellers incompetence. I have always paid in full for items and occasionally i would be waiting for delivery that hardly happens on the promised dates. The sellers Always receive payments Straight away .. then the customer has to wait and wait and wait. I am interested to hear if anyone else thinks eBay should change its policy to perhaps have buyers Pay for their products ONCE they are received. Instead of wasting everyones time and money making complaints and raising issues. 

thank you 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Change the rules

LOL - I can see that working.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

Nope. Not going to happen

There are no promised dates, it very clearly states estimated delivery date, which is just that, a guess which is inserted by eBay

You have no idea if the seller gets their money right away, many sellers are subject to holds on their funds for up 30 days, they still have to post within their specified handling or get defects from eBay

If you want to punish sellers for couriers/Australia Post's failings, then please at least get the basic facts right first 

And buyers can only be given positive feedback, even if there are the worst buyer ever to use the site, so the 'good buyer' means nothing

Not to mention such a thing would support even more scammer buyers than eBay already do

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

You show me one site anywhere, where you can order something and not commit to pay till after delivery.

There would be too much danger of buyers just never paying or taking too long and no company wants to have to resort to legal means to obtain small amounts.

The best you will ever get from any sites are these things

-tracking

-if there is a fault, they will replace or refund

-some sites allow free exchange or 30 day exchange if you pay return postage

-if it fails to arrive, a refund

If you really want the item in your hands before you exchange money, then you probably need to go to real stores to shop.

If you want to continue using ebay occasionally, the best way to avoid disappointment is to check out the seller's feedback before buying, check out the estimated arrival dates and if your item doesn't arrive by then or very soon afterwards, open an ebay claim for a refund.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

Many of the neutrals you have left are for sellers registered in China, not Australia. So there will definitely be a longer wait period for an item.

You can save a LOT of time wasting by just buying from actual Australian shops and supporting our economy.

Not only will you get your items quicker, but you'll get an actual Australian-backed warranty, which is something you do NOT get on Ebay, regardless of what a seller puts in their listing.

Based on your feedback, you will probably end up on a lot of seller blocked lists - especially when you leave neutrals for issues that were resolved and you got a refund, or for leaving neutral feedback instead of trying to resolve issues with the seller first.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

stop it, please just stop it as I have just eaten.

There is a way to buy and have the item in your hands before paying . . . it's called in-person department store shopping.

Also, restaurant dining . . . get the items you want, eat them, pay! 

You could always look for sellers who list COD items . . . but they won't be domestic sellers AND you will pay a hefty sum to use the service.  Even then you dont get to open the package until you pay!

Don't use eBay's delivery estimates when framing your expectations of when an item should arrive . . . they use a cracked crystal ball when framing those estimates.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

Maybe in future I can tell Woolies and or Coles that I will pay for my groceries after they have been delivered.  Am also planning a trip so maybe I will ask airline if I can pay when I get back but only if I have a good time. I am sorry but your suggestion is one of the silliest I have heard for a long time.

Can definately see lots of party lists coming

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

**correction below**

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

You could always look for sellers who list COD items . . . but they won't be domestic overseas sellers AND you will pay a hefty sum to use the service.  Even then you dont get to open the package until you pay!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

Try this.

Go to Hardlys and pick up the biggest and best TV and just walk out the door, if challenged just tell them you will be paying once you are satisfied the item lives up to your satisfaction.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Change the rules

Nah, it's only eBay sellers who should be subject to that kind of 'shopping' rule

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply