Cheater seller refused to post the lower price bidded item!

Beware of eBay seller <Removed>

Hi all, I won a bidding for TTL Flash Off Camera Sync Coiled Remote Cord for Sony HVL-F58AM HVL-F56AM F42AM for eBay member <Removed>. But since the bidding amount was less than the usual listing price, the seller refused to post it and was inconsistent with his replies and even once quoted that the items was held up in customs! This lame excuse was despite the fact that the item was marked as not posted even after 4 weeks on eBay. I had to file a problem resolution for refund or getting my item. Ultimately I was refunded which actually shows that as a buyer really we are not protected any way against fraudulent transactions and we are denied an opportunity to win bidded items on a cheaper price! Thank you for your time in reading this.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

@2011.narelle wrote:

You were refunded by PayPal which actually proves you ARE protected against fraudulent transactions/non-receipt of goods etc.

The seller would probably have got a defect for not posting the goods,you already gave them a neg & you got your money back so you aren't really out anything are you?

a defect as he should

and the buyer is still out the time wasted by this seller and the frustration of being told BS to delay the purchase from a decent seller.  so the buyer is still really out. 

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@the_hawk* wrote:

@2011.narelle wrote:

You were refunded by PayPal which actually proves you ARE protected against fraudulent transactions/non-receipt of goods etc.

The seller would probably have got a defect for not posting the goods,you already gave them a neg & you got your money back so you aren't really out anything are you?

a defect as he should

and the buyer is still out the time wasted by this seller and the frustration of being told BS to delay the purchase from a decent seller.  so the buyer is still really out. 

Personally - I think the buyer has lost nothing, and has infact now gained some insight into the ways eBay works, and will in future check the feedback of any seller when purchasing and always pay using paypal as paypal protection has saved him this time around.

Good result IMO.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Agreed, greencat. Bitter experience makes a very good teacher.
Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

You mean to say that as a buyer it is only enough to be granted refund back and the seller gets a tap on his wrist?

The buyer should be guaranteed for delivery for successful bidding if they had bidded for a higher price?

Is this your outlook of justice?

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

What do you expect to happen? You can't force the seller to send it, so the best scenario in this case is that the buyer got their money back

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply