Chinese seller only allowing 3 items per 10 days to be purchased Weird?

The short story is I put 6 pairs men's bamboo trunks from a Chinese seller in my ebay cart. I'd bought 2 prs before to check size & they arrived quickly from China. (Within a week!) 

Went to purchase the 6 in my cart; But was only allowed to buy 3 via PPal on 17/5 ; I supposed it was a glitch that I couldn't buy the 6 items. Contacted seller; Poor English skills suggested I try to buy 1 item @ a time. Still didn't work!

Evidently I'm only allowed to buy 3 items from seller per 10 days? Weird? & seller has no idea why. Anyway; I did check to see if the cart would work today & each item is now AU $1.90 more than the 3 items hopefully in transit. Has anyone else found a similar problem? Unable to clear cart & then have the price rise?

Now before everyone goes off @ me for buying Chinese; The same trunks are some $10.00 per pair more expensive in K-Mart stores. I checked my local  store yesterday! - Same items! 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Chinese seller only allowing 3 items per 10 days to be purchased Weird?

The purchase limit is usually a block that the seller sets up in their buyer requirements, typically used by sellers of high end items to help avoid scammers from spending up a storm, but it's common for other sellers to implement it without really knowing what it does.

However, eBay can also impose a purchase limit on some items, if the seller ever applied to have products appear in eBay deals, so that the items don't sell out to only a few buyers.

It sounds like a seller-implemented block though, due to the ten day specification, so you may want to advise them to check their buyer requirements.

I'm not too sure about the cart issue though. If the price has gone up, they weren't purchased, so theoretically they should be able to be removed.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks Digi; I did try to communicate with the seller; They want to sell to me & cannot figure out or do not have enough Englsh skills to understand. In the meantime I can't clear my cart & the price has risen - evidently not of the seller's volition. So weird! but does seem seller implemented & the seller doesn't know why or how it occurred!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Do you have anything else in your cart?

It may be possible to troubleshoot the problem if you can add and remove other items, or even use the 'save for later' option. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

What currency are they listed in?  Could it be a currency fluctuation?  A lot of sellers list in US dollars but I know these are possibly already in AU dollars.

I had to laugh at this by digi:  so theoretically they should be able to be removed.  Not in public, I hope!  ๐Ÿ˜‰   (men's trunks)

Have you tried getting one of your family to buy them on their account, just to see what happens?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

flasher.gif

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Nothing else in my cart; Listed in $AU & cart won't clear @ all! I may just try to buy the other 3 & see what happens?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Clearing cookies and cache may help, or accessing eBay via a different browser, if you would prefer to remove them from the cart.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

It's a brand new computer Digi; Bought last week; Nothing to clear @ all!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry to reply to myself; But I was just then able to buy the 3 pairs in my cart & finally clear it!  The seller's "Only 3 items per 10 days" rule must have stuffed up the cart in some way? 

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply