Chinese sellers pretending to be located in Australia scamming Australians.

A Chinese seller pretending to be located in Australia scamming Australians

I purchased a item without knowing their true intent, now they got my money and told me they wont/cant deliver it, and they will not refund my money.

CHINA at its best. eBay buyers around the world BEWARE !!!

I had to make a PayPal and eBay dispute to try and get my money back.
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

So the seller is registered in Australia ?

eBay allows the item location to be listed as anywhere, but not the seller's location

And their feedback showed no indication of unhappy buyers?

*Usually*  It will show the seller is registered in China and such sellers will have many,many negs stating they send items from China that the listing lies about being posted from Australia

That is very, very common 

Yes, eBay buyers do need to be aware, by checking feedback before buying anything from anyone to avoid such problems

But many people cannot be bothered and so keep supporting bad sellers 

Did you also report to eBay for item location misrepresentation and leave appropriate feedback?

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

This old chestnut 😁

If it seems too good to be true, it will be coming from China. Always check where the seller is registered. Yes it's wrong but it will never change unfortunately. Buyers have to wade through so much bleep from China even when they filter to Australia only. I might move to China 😎

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Your is the latest of many dozen threads on this subject.  It is by no means new.  As a buyer always you make sure to do your due diligence before purchasin anything.  Check feedback & place they are registered.  They will keep doing it while people keep buying from them.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I did click on the sellers ID and it shows me they are Australian sellers located in Australia, BUT in the SALES and Shipping details its shows they are from CHINA.

I dont know how they do this without eBays help, maybe its a BUG within eBay, or something more sinister from eBay's sellers policy.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

I hope you didn't open both a Paypal and Ebay dispute. Has the dispute closed yet. 

When you run into a problem ask here for advice beore going ahead and you will probably get a better outcome in your dispute

As a buyer, if you do everything right you will nearly always get your money back.

Latest reply

@cyberweb wrote:

I did click on the sellers ID and it shows me they are Australian sellers located in Australia, BUT in the SALES and Shipping details its shows they are from CHINA.

I dont know how they do this without eBays help, maybe its a BUG within eBay, or something more sinister from eBay's sellers policy.

They might be drop shipping

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

You are correct, eBay just notified me that I do not have a case and has canceled my dispute.

China - 1

Customer - 0

I give up, I will from now on look at other ways of purchasing online, never again will I use eBay.

I have been with eBay for over 20 years and have spent thousand upon thousands of dollars, time for change.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Yes,this is the items photo they advertise.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

I hope one day all people realise whats happening on eBay.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply