Cannot open INR

Hi 

I have purchased a kalimba and it has been in transit for 92 days. The ETA is today the 13th MAY but still item hasn't arrived and tracking info disappeared and INR page also don't give me any option to open the case yet. I have included screenshots as reference. 

Can I open INR case only after the ETA or on the ETA? Also how come tracking doesn't show info that it used to show now?

Order detail used to show the info of courier - chinapost and some updated order status such as it is in transit etc but now it just have tracking number

20220513_042019.jpg

 INR page only have 'details' option which just shows sellers id and order number and no option for me to open the case

Screenshot_20220513-041944_eBay.jpg

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Cannot open INR

I think you can open a case AFTER the ETA, and (as previously discussed on this board) it also appears that the dates eBay indicates are US dates, so maybe that's why you have to wait until the day after the ETA.

Have you contacted the seller?

And have you tried to track the item outside eBay?

Have you clicked on "more actions" by the way?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

I bet you have a harp player in your band.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

Universal Parcel Tracking - Global Package Tracking (parcelsapp.com)

Well, you should definitely open a case as soon as you can as the tracking stopped almost 3 months ago, but I think you should first contact the seller.

Trackings starting with U mean "economy" if coming from China, but this is not normal, even considering all delays.

Maybe you can also try asking AusPost, as the item seems to be in Australia??

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

Yes I did click more action -> INR and this lead me to the screenshot page with 'detail' option.. I did contact the seller ages ago when item got stuck in one location for almost 30days (item has not moved since 21st feb ) 

Seller did not contact me back since like march when I asked him whether he had sent fake tracking (which I believe is true)

I can't believe I have to keep track of when the tracking will stop.. I thought I only need to wait until ETA before I can ask ebay to step in and get my refund (as I thought he was a scammer from months before)

Is there any ebay contact number I can call?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

You can use live chat from the help page (scroll down to "contact us", go through all the options and the live chat window will appear).

But you can open a case tomorrow anyway, possible even tonight when it is already the 13th in the USA because their dates appear to apply to the US time zone.

I don't think the tracking is fake, but as the parcel has not moved for so long, and this is definitely not normal, even considering delays and economy shipping.

I bought something from China too in February (for the first time after years), and it took a month to arrive, which is not too bad at the moment.

I just looked at the tracking again and in my case "arrived at the place of destination" meant it was in Australia because I received it on that day I think or the day after. Anyway, it was really quick after that.

If you have a Facebook account, you could ask AusPost, as it is apparently the quickest way to contact them. While economy tracking from China cannot be officially tracked on their website, they do have records.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

But I do not know whether they booked ausPost or other carrier to deliver it to my parcelpoint. Also the fact that seller stopped contacting me months ago seems fishy.. Also the this kalimba is his first kalimba to sell (he normally sells other kind of products) and it is also at very cheap price

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

My economy mail from China has always been delivered by AusPost, but I don't know for sure...

Anyway, you will be able to open a case really soon.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

Okay thanks I'll wait and try tonight or tmrw

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Cannot open INR

If it is the seller with 82.6% positive feedback, I agree they are not good. Their feedback is really bad, particularly concerning parcels that did not arrive.

This forum China Post Forum – Tracking System for China Post Registered Mail, EMS, ePacket (track-chinapost.com... has volunteers who can also help. They are really quick to respond and also give advice about economy mail from China. That's where I learned that parcels starting with U are economy...

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply