China Sellers Claiming To have there stock in Sydney Australia, But it is sent from China, so wrong

How come Ebay allows china sellers to claim there stock is in sydney Australia and then it is sent from China.

This is False Advertising and not fair to Australian Sellers and Australian Buyers.

Any Thoughts People and concerns..

How do they get away with this ??????

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

China Sellers Claiming To have there stock in Sydney Australia, But it is sent from China, so wrong

As has been done to death

Ebay know and don't care. They get their fees and so that's their only concern

Trouble is, so much of the time it clearly shows the seller is registered in China, their feedback clearly shows hundreds and hundreds of negs that they claimed the item was being sent from Australia but in fact was sent from China *IF* it was sent at all .......................

but people still insist on buying from them and then act surprised when the said seller did'nt 'come good' for them

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Almost as annoying as people not checking existing threads before starting a new one on the exact same subject...

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

I am supprised this is not an ACCC matter or Department of fair trading matter .

Its wrong its false advertising.

lots of people i know in Australia don't like ordering from chinese sellers on ebay, and think they are actually buying from an Aussie Seller who has the stock on the shelf ready to go, because the item location on the add says sydney Australia or Melbourne Victoria

And then they see on there package china post and Australian post. 

its so wrong.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

What do you suggest the ACCC or Fair Trading do (or could do) about a foreign seller? If you sold to NZ, say, and said your products were in Wellington, what would the NZ equivalents be able to do to you, a non-resident, non-citizen?

They have nothing to do with the matter until the goods come through Customs. At which time it is the buyer, as the importer, who will suffer any repercussions.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Ebay allow any seller in any country to put anywhere as the 'item location'

What needs to be checked is where the seller is registered

Takes a couple of seconds extra but can save weeks of messing around

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Sounds like a great idea, lets hope this happens in the future.
Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Where the seller is registered do you mean?

It has that now, on all listings

and below that on the same page shows the feedback, which very often will shows pages and pages of comments along the lines of 'sent from China when it said located in Australia' 

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

@ctradeaustralia wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, lets hope this happens in the future.

Do you mean you hope buyers will check where the seller is registered?

I would ask why it is not automatic for all buyers to check the seller's feedback and at the same time glance up at the site where the seller is registered.

That to me is the next step after finding the item you want to buy.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

Ahh yes, I think I read the post I replied to wrong

I don't understand why so few people check feedback, I know I want to know if there are 'more than a few' comments indicating poor service etc

And I don't know why on the same 'main page' for each item it can't have 

item location (could be anywhere, as allowed by ebay)

Seller location (where they are registered) 

below it

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply