China Sellers Claiming To have there stock in Sydney Australia, But it is sent from China, so wrong

How come Ebay allows china sellers to claim there stock is in sydney Australia and then it is sent from China.

This is False Advertising and not fair to Australian Sellers and Australian Buyers.

Any Thoughts People and concerns..

How do they get away with this ??????

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: China Sellers Claiming To have there stock in Sydney Australia, But it is sent from China, so wr

Agreed. The suggestion that buyers are to blame for not checking the sellers location is pretty funny. When the item images contain the marks like the one below it's really stretch. Apparently there must be an AU located in mainland China now and with a suspiciously similar flag these days. Fast must be relative too. eBay needs to clean this stuff up or people will just shop on Ali and avoid the lotto and extra cost (I know I will from now on).

technicstt_0-1631162285143.png

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

Re: China Sellers Claiming To have there stock in Sydney Australia, But it is sent from China, so wr

Sellers state the Item is located in Australia and it gets shipped either from mainland China and/or Hong Kong. Happened to me twice on eBay. I now check the registration of the seller if it's in China I don't bother because it's generally a drop shipment anyway that can take in excess of over a month before you receive the item. ACCC needs to get on point with eBay, as this is technically false advertising i.e. stating that the item is in AU but being sent from China.

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

How many more of these old threads are you going to bump with the same 'information'.

If a seller is located overseas, their goods probably are too (not all the time, though).

That's what a seller's feedback page is for - to decide if they are telling the truth about item location.

You have the tools, use them.

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply