China Sellers Claiming To have there stock in Sydney Australia, But it is sent from China, so wrong

How come Ebay allows china sellers to claim there stock is in sydney Australia and then it is sent from China.

This is False Advertising and not fair to Australian Sellers and Australian Buyers.

Any Thoughts People and concerns..

How do they get away with this ??????

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

China Sellers Claiming To have there stock in Sydney Australia, But it is sent from China, so wrong

A few years ago buyers always checked a seller's feedback which meant it was easy to see where the seller was registered.

Now it seems that the only buyers that do that are buyers who have been on the site for ages.  Newer buyers just seem to buy and hope for the best, even when the feedback is atrocious.

There really is no need for ebay to put the site where the seller is registered anywhere but where it is now....it is very visible.

Message 11 of 33
Latest reply

I agree, it is

But, there have been so many people come here and post/complain "I did'nt know the seller was in ............  "

Obviously some folk need to be slapped right in the face with it,more than once

Message 12 of 33
Latest reply

I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect buyers to check where the seller is located. After all, they can't won't read descriptions, or understand 'pick-up only'

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply

The thing i don't understand is how china sellers can claim there items are in stock and even put AU stock on there main listing picture.
But when you order from them the item turns up and shows china post on the package.
I would think this is false advertising and not fair for Aussie Buyers and sellers. ?????
surely Ebay must care about these concerns..

Message 14 of 33
Latest reply

Ebay care about those concerns?

Not likely....all they care about is getting their fees for the sales.

We should think ourselves lucky that they are still listing where members are registered.

Members need to learn how to protect themselves and not leave it up to ebay to play Nanny......they already bully sellers to make them toe the line.   We don't need ebay making any more "improvements" to the site supposedly to help members but which has the exact opposite effect..

Message 15 of 33
Latest reply

@ctradeaustralia wrote:

surely Ebay must care about these concerns..

They would care if they could monetise the solution, just like all the other problems they found a way to "address" in a manner that increased profits. (I use the term loosely because their solutions don't generally punish or even discourage the bad practices, as much as they just stop overtly encouraging them, like the final value fee being introduced on postage). 

The problem is also (apparently) a bureaucratic one - the listings are on eBay AU, which eBay AU controls, but the sellers are in China, and only eBay CN has jurisdiction over them. Or so ebay will claim if you ask why they don't do anything about it. (This answer has never made any sense to me whatsoever, for a multitude of reasons, not least of which sellers who list on another country's site agree to comply with that site's policies and even if ebay AU can't sanction eBay CN sellers, they sure has heck can end non-compliant listings). 

The thing is, they can't introduce a system whereby seller location and item location has to match, unless they disallow dropshipping, because they aren't the same thing and there are just as many sellers listing correctly as there are sellers who aren't... Such a system could be easily circumvented, anyway.

The only policy that's been introduced that has a chance of hitting sellers who misrepresent item location in the hip pocket is the clause in the MBG that states if the return address for an item is not in the same location as was noted in the listing, the buyer may not have to return it, but this doesn't seem to be the default result in claims, or if it is, it doesn't occur often enough to make the sellers reconsider the practice. 

Message 16 of 33
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for all your great feedback and insights into this problem.

really appreciate it.

Cheers from Ctrade Australia

Message 17 of 33
Latest reply

i brought a kokko guitar compressor pedal on e bay location said to be regents park interstate  and the courier was fastways and  i  still havent got the item after 20 days, and even worce i got an email reply to fasways courier about the item why its late and they said it was deliverd and it wasent deliverd , they falsified the delivery information with the tracking , and ive had this before buy online get tracking and you get notification telling you its been deliverd when it wasent, till the next day or latter, so i found another seller selling a kokko guitar comppressor and oh my god  location in regents park sydney to and based in china , and so i brought it to and i  arsked them not to use fastways carriers who are said to be the worcest in australia acording to reviews  and so i got a notification that it ws sent and geuss what the carrier is , fastways again , i emailed them back the seller telling them i arsked them not to use this curupt carrier but they did  so now ive waisted money on a second kokko giutar comppressor pedal not knowing if it will ever reach me  , and i cant buy them in australia cheap as they dont sell them here cheap .

Message 18 of 33
Latest reply

Certainly a long sentence, that.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 19 of 33
Latest reply

My eyes run away when I see big fat blocks of text.  Too hard.  Let someone else help them.  I love my physical keyboard.

Message 20 of 33
Latest reply