Cmon Aussie Sellers get More Creative with your Excuses

Im having a laugh here , Whilst I sell on Ebay,  I also like buying on Ebay. Lately Ive noticed a few of my purchases from Aus Sellers 

listing Buy It Now multiple items in Stock , that you only find out after you pay for it that they dont actualy have it in stock , and it will take 2-3 weeks. 

Then the Spinning starts when I ask then why if they have 3 in stock , they really dont have any.

# 1 Death in the Family -  Now really this is the most common worn out excuse used. I have had 3 deaths out of 4 buys a while ago , maybe Im just a lucky guy !  A clear # 1 winner for the Top Spot . Creates a feeling of sympathy for the sellers loss of a family member , while the buyer is also upset about the loss of his money , and you cant go too hard on them just in case It could actualy be true !

#2 Australia Post Tracking Numbers -Standard Reply Quote -"According to my Aus Post Tracking Number your Item is still sitting in the %$#@ Depot where I posted it 2 weeks ago. F@$%$#% Aus Post they are Useless , I will get another lot in the mail for you tomorrow , and chase up my losses with Aus Post" 

Seems a common thing these days for people to list things they dont actualy have , and have to get from their wholesaler after you have paid for it , creates so many problems I know they think they are being clever ,  getting your money upfront , then organising the goods is a bad way to do business as the buyer wont come back even if the items are good. 

Service is everything and Instant supply on Buy it Now items is a must for repeat custom.

I have many great Aus Ebay sellers that I buy off regularly , Is so easy , you buy , they send straight away , no thrills or fuss , no tracking numbers data slip slop click & not send . Just normal mail and Great Service and no Hassles .

I just wish people could get a bit more creative with their delay spinning !

Is the world that bad that we have to copy other peoples work ?

Whats the best BS lines you have had ?

Its all about having a laugh , not sooking , surely there must be some highly original woppers out there !

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cmon Aussie Sellers get More Creative with your Excuses

Thank god I haven't had any experiences like that at all lately. Most of my sellers have been quick to reply to queries and get the items out straight away. That is what I expect, mind you.Smiley Happy

My worst experiences were a few years back, before paypal, when  I paid into a  few bank accounts of people who had a good rating, only to find nothing arrived and the ratings suddenly went downhill straight after I bought, with buyer after buyer reporting non arrival of goods. The sellers then disappeared off ebay or were kicked off, i suppose.  Even after paypal came in, I had an experience where the selelr explained my payment wasn't going trhough as their paypal account was playing up, so could I please pay into their bank account etc. Like a fool, I did. So did several others. You can guess what happened.

But after a run of experiences like that, I lost a bit of confidence and now won't pay unless by paypal or cash on pick up.

My sister and I used to sell-years & years ago- and we had some funny excuses from buyers. My sister was a bank manager and knew how banking worked, but so many tried to tell her they had paid for sure, she just couldn't see it. She used to tell them to go back to their bank and query it as it had obviously gone into someone else's account as it definitely wasn't in ours.Smiley Very Happy

We had one buyer from interstate who bid on a pick up only item. She wasn't the only bidder, 2 of the previous bidders had been interstate too! Pick up was in big font-what were these people thinking of?

First the buyer wanted to us to arrange a courier for her, then, the next week, she said she was coming down to Melbourne by plane and would pick it up (a $77 desk on a plane?) and take it back with her. Then she asked my sister to take it over to a packing place which was 40 minutes drive away because they would supply wrapping and it was a do- it yourself place so costs were cheaper. My sister refused, but she did look around and  find a cut price courier in a neighbouring suburb for about $100 or so, and after another week or so of discussion and waiting for payment(nasty people that we were, we insisted on payment for the courier up front first),  we took it all in, got it securely wrapped, sent it off, only to have the buyer complain that a screw was missing (it hadn't been, they were in a secure plastic wrap) and that it wasn't as good as she expected for all the money she had paid and was unhappy. 

By that stage, she had paid the best part of a couple of hundred dollars for it, but that wasn't our fault. It was a nice desk, too and very honestly described.

My god, my sister and I were exhausted by the whole ordeal.

After that, we vowed and declared pick up meant pick up!!

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Cmon Aussie Sellers get More Creative with your Excuses

Thats funny ! Sad but true no doubt .

Ive had the same thing once on a pick up only item years ago , had a guy in Perth wanting to buy it . Was a old 1968 Honda stepthrough motorbike. 

I got a freight quote of $800 added $200 for all my time and effort and quoted him $1000 freight.

He won auction for $1200 and paid $1000 for shipping and was happy as when he got it.

Go Figure ?  Works both ways !

Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply