Combined postage

I won a bunch of items from a single seller and I requested an invoice for combined postage, but got a message stating that the seller won't combine a postage discount which is fair enough if they stated this in their listings which they didn't so I'm supposed to pay a **bleep** load for postage now.

If the seller stated this in their listings then I wouldn't have bid on more than 1 item.

Why can't sellers state this in their listings for goodness sakes?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Combined postage

They were a bargain but the seller being a new seller charged for tracking obviously making sure the buyer didn't scam them which is fair enough but me thinking that hey surely I'll get a postage discount I thought no worries how wrong I was lol.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

When I say a bargain that means to me they were a bargain and I had no problem paying what I did for the items but the postage is just ridiculous even though I made the error

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

If they won't give you a discount make it as expensive as you can for them. However many friends, neighbours and relatives you can use divide the items into that many lots and pay for each individually with however many different addresses you can utilise. Not only will they then have to post individually it will cost them the 30p Paypal flat fee on every payment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

If seller doesn't offer a better postage price on this one, I would also be asking for all 100 items to be posted seperately.

image host
Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

If they have charged for tracking on every item then at the very least they should reduce the cost by the amount charged for the tracking on all but one item and send it one tracked parcel.

If not, then do as PJ suggests....pay every item separately and use as many different addresses as possible.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

I won a bunch of items from a single seller and I requested an invoice for combined postage, but got a message stating that the seller won't combine a postage discount which is fair enough if they stated this in their listings which they didn't so I'm supposed to pay a **bleep** load for postage now.

If the seller stated this in their listings then I wouldn't have bid on more than 1 item.

Why can't sellers state this in their listings for goodness sakes?

eezi, did you make this request direct to the seller via a message or via the link in the cart ?

Maybe I am stating the obvious here, but if you requested an invoice for combined postage in the cart and the seller does not have automatic discounts set the automated system immediately responds saying the seller does not give discounts - the seller never sees your request  . . . . . .  therefore hopefully your direct message will get you a huge discount -  just a thought, otherwise like others have said, I feel for you

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

I've seen it said many times in the forums that this is a glitch and if this is the case it's not the seller's fault.  It also could be something to do with ebay's new "immediate payment" scheme.  I'd probably ask the seller to cancel all the listings and then get them to put them all into listing for you.  Explain to them that you've been told it's an ebay glitch and there's nothing you can do about it except start again.  If they want the sale/s they'll probably do it.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

Great outcome,seller combined postage and they didn't know what was happening,they received a few messages along the same lines as mine.

They have now put combined postage into their current listings.

They were also shocked when they found out I had to pay $700 for postage.

The seller didn't realize the postage was going to have to be paid seperately for all items,thought that when a buyer purchased multiple items it was going to calculate itself out lol.

Happy ending yeh Woman Very Happy

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

Yay, great outcome - happy days !
Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Combined postage

With a lot of products (if not most) it's impossible to use ebay's combined rate tables to get postage to come out right for multiple purchases. With letterpost it's a waste of time even thinking about it. On one of my IDs everything goes in satchels - I've figured out how to get it to work for two items but if they buy more than three I either lose money on end up grossly overcharging the buyer, neither of which are satisfactory.
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply