Concert tickets concern

I am really wanting to take my daughter to see One DIrection in sydney, but not sure about buying the tickets off ebay, i know the shows are fully sold and this would be my only option. I am a little concerned because the concert isnt until next year. if the tickets are fake, it will be too late to put through a paypal dispute to get my money back if they are not legit and cannot afford to waste a good $500.

I would like to know what you all think about buying tickets on ebay and if you have how did it work out for you??

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Concert tickets concern

Depending on the ticketing agency, there could well be a blanket ban on scalped tickets. Ticketek has one.

Part of the problem, that I can see, would be that the tickets will be in the original purchaser's name. Given they probably haven't actually been issued yet, how would you provide proof of ID in the original seller's name?

You would also be WAY out of time for a Paypal dispute or, most probably, a credit card chargeback.

Mind you, I'm biased. I don't agree with ticket scalping.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

My main concern is why you would waste $500 on One Direction tickets ?:|

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

It is always risky to be buying (and selling) tickets on eBay.  i think it should be banned.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

Well i have never purchased tickets online, but my daughter loves one direction (she is 9) and would be a lovely birthday present for her to go next september.

I see alot of sellers selling tickets on ebay and seem to have good feedback, however it still makes me very wary. My husband doesnt like the idea its too risky. I do agree with him however i really want tickets and dont know where else to get them.

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

eBay states that buyers in Australia are eligable for a refund if an item does not match the description. In this case, you should be able to get a refund if the tickets are claimed as official but are actually fake. Unfortunately, if they're fake, your daughter still misses out, so your best bet is to compare a number of different tickets from different sellers and make the choice based on that. If the seller is in the same city as the show, that might be a good indication that the ticket is legitimate. If they're from Hong Kong, well, don't buy... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

I think all kids should experience going to a concert in life as i did, so i thought this would be a great opportunity now that she love One Direction and is old enough, she will never forget it.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

eBay states that buyers in Australia are eligable for a refund if an item does not match the description. In this case, you should be able to get a refund if the tickets are claimed as official but are actually fake. Unfortunately, if they're fake, your daughter still misses out, so your best bet is to compare a number of different tickets from different sellers and make the choice based on that. If the seller is in the same city as the show, that might be a good indication that the ticket is legitimate. If they're from Hong Kong, well, don't buy... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Any buyer will have no recourse if they get to the door and the ticket isn't accepted.

The concerts are next year, way out of time for a Paypal dispute or probably even a bank chargeback.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

Also if the tickets are non transferable, they are non transferable.

Too risky in my opinion.

image host
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Concert tickets concern

Any buyer will have no recourse if they get to the door and the ticket isn't accepted.

The concerts are next year, way out of time for a Paypal dispute or probably even a bank chargeback.

Didn't realise it was for next year. Well then, they should wait until next year and only buy within a month or two of the concert to make sure they get PayPal protection. It's worth the risk (if she can afford it in the first place), as she'll get her money back regardless due to PayPal protection if the tickets turn out to be fake. Odds are, if you do your homework, the tickets you buy will be real.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply