Confusing order

I am interested in buying several certain types of plants, and have contacted two of the relevant sellers to clarify combined postage. Both sellers are quite happy to give a discounted combined postage.

It so happens that both sellers use auctions rather than BINs, although one has all those I am interested in buying ending at the same day and time, whereas the other has them ending over a period of nearly a week. I clarified with the second seller if he was prepared to wait til all auctions finished before I paid, and he was happy to do so.

All well and good so far.

The first sellers auctions finished this afternoon, and I won 2 of the items I had bid on.  Combined postage cost $10

The first of the second seller's auctions also finished this afternoon, which I also won. Combined postage cost $9.50. (I intend buying more from this seller). 

Now for the problem, ebay have sent me an invoice that combines BOTH sellers. 

order_edit.jpg

When I look in Paypal, $27.50 has been transferred to Seller 1, which I authoroised, but I also appear to have paid Seller 2 the sum of $19.50, which I did NOT authorise. This payment is also NOT showing when I look in my Purchase History.

I have no idea what is going on. Anyone able to explain this? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Confusing order

I think it's the same thing that I've had in the past, what happened to me was that when I went to checkout I forgot to click on "pay only this seller" so the Paypal payment picked up all sellers in checkout and paid them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Confusing order

If you owe more than one Seller, then eBay sends an invoice for everything you owe.  You can select to pay just one of them. As for your payments not showing, are they showing as paid in your Paypal account? Maybe wait a while to see if it shows up and if not contact eBay and Paypal.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Confusing order

@padi*0409 wrote:

I think it's the same thing that I've had in the past, what happened to me was that when I went to checkout I forgot to click on "pay only this seller" so the Paypal payment picked up all sellers in checkout and paid them.

I don't recall anything saying 'pay only this seller'? Maybe that's what happened? 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Confusing order

A couple of times lately we haven't seen the "pay only this seller" option.

The only way we've found to pay only 1 seller in this case is a small "x" next to each item which will remove it from the payment if clicked on.

It's very easy to miss, and doesn't say what it's for - we only worked it out by actually clicking on it to see what happened.

The only way to be sure you're not paying for extra items is to double check the total before completing the payment.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply