Considering purchasing nutribullet

I've just run a few searches on both new and used Nutribullets. There is one seller who has sold many identical 'used' ones that say 'used only a few times'. The photos are identical. As are the prices. I don't see how it would be possible for one person to be coming across so many 'used' items that look so new. Is this possibly an imitation item? Is there something else going on that means I need to be cautious? TIA for any kind comments

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Thanks. Have only just starting considering one so will check that other brand out.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

The TV informercial is unethical marketing at best. Big song and dance about 30 day trial without even saying how much they are. Near $300. Agreed the large number of cheap ones will be returned items. Not always faulty repaired, just change of mind.

My partner got one, worked ok, dont know how durable it would be though. I sent it back, not willing to spend that much money on a gimmick we dont need. 

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

The branded ones even if genuine are well overpriced in my opinion. I have a cheap version (not bought on ebay from China) which cost me about a fifth of the 'real' ones and it does everything the TV advertisements say the Nutribullet does. It is called a Magic Bullet but have no idea iif they are available in Australia.

The Magic Bullet is available here PJ.....about $120 from The Good Guys, Harvey Normans, Bing Lee.  I think even Big W has them.  Much safer than risking buying on ebay IMO.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

My friend has one. Her review was
Expensive
Small
Extremely noisy

If you read reviews online you will see most people say the same.. The magic bullet and nutri bullet are pretty much the same things.
Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Thanks for explaining. I was mainly curious about how one person could have so many identical used items. I wouldn't rule out purchasing used but not from someone with this kind of stock. I'd probably only buy from an individual with a good paypal record. I have done so in the past quite happily.

----------------------------------

I've sometimes bought second hand items or unused second hand kitchen items, but only from private sellers, never from mass sellers.

I think the key is to really reading the descriptions and looking at the feedback (although I've had success with sellers with low ratings but who are just there to sell a personally owned item). You also need to know your item and the shop prices/guarantees.

The real key is if you buy second hand, it is better if the seller has personally owned the item and you usually get some feel for that from the ad. If you can pick up, it can work out well.

But I'd be real wary of refurbished items by mail and a lot of the electronic stuff on ebay, for that matter.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

From a quick search I can see that there are noticable differences between nutribullet and the magic bullet, including that the nutribullet has a more powerful motor and stronger blades that are claimed to more efficient in emulsifying stuff like seeds and skins. 

Worth having a look at OP, as your expectations of a product like this, might not be met with a cheaper version.

There is a review on eBay that compares the two http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Magic-Bullet-vs-Nutribullet-/10000000177741962/g.html

If you google, there are any number of reviews that also offer comparison points on these products.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

Yep, thanks. I've been having a look. The more powerful motor sounds like the one to go for. I've been asking around and everyone who has experience with these items loves the nutribullet best and uses it daily pretty much.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
I saw this brand being sold in a major supernarket for around $100. .Not sure if it would be the exact one you are looking for.

Just like to correct the above, I saw this item again today and it was the magic one ($120), not the nutribullet.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Don't be so gullible as to believe their BS advertising which states that the human body can't absorb food nutrients unless they have first been totally "emulsified" by the Nutribullet. It's nothing but pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo which has absolutely no basis in fact whatsoever (but it sure sounds good if you don't have a clue). Do some research of your own and you'll find that it's nothing but pure BS.
Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

Well........the human race has managed to survive and digest food for thousands of years before the Nutribullet was invented, hasn't it?

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply