Coupon code and buy it now with "freight" to be worked out by seller.

I went to buy an item that has Freight in the shipping so I "thought" great 10% off I pressed the buy it now and proceed to checkout and put the PICKY10 code in and and that's where the checkout states "error please contact seller for postage" but when you do that the coupon code price disappears 😕

it seems you can't send an invoice requesting a postage price on a buy it now even though you have to commit to buying the said item which is ridiculous.

I really wanted to buy the item but cant untill the seller responds but the code will be expired.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Coupon code and buy it now with "freight" to be worked out by seller.

That's the way it's always been.

If a seller lists with freight you need to wait for a freight cost to your location otherwise you need to accept whatever the freight price is if you commit to buy and that may not work if the seller's carrier charges $300 to your postcode.

So if you see freight in a listing, message the seller and ask for a price to your location.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I had already asked for a quote and had the price messaged to me, which didnt help with wanting to use an ebay 10% coupon that only lasts a day.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Also the coupons are only for the price of the item and don't include the postage cost

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

This is the downside of the short term coupons ebay offer. Many years ago ebay allowed buyers to alter the postage in checkout if the seller allowed. Would not work now days but was handy as a seller at the time as it allowed the buyer to add the postage amount and pay without having to wait for an invoice to be sent.

I was in the same boat yesterday waiting for a reply from a seller which never came in time. Answer arrived this morning.

As far as what to do now I would mention the discount to the seller which has now lapsed and politley ask to cancel the sale or ask if they would entertain offering the discount themselves. 5% ebay promo is still active.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@amlagonda wrote:

I had already asked for a quote and had the price messaged to me, which didnt help with wanting to use an ebay 10% coupon that only lasts a day.

I see, in that case you need to let the seller know you want to buy now and if they could revise the listing to have your delivery cost in the listing as a fixed price postage. As soon as the seller does that you can make the purchase, enter the code and it should work.

Since eBay forced sellers onto Immediate Payment Required this will be a problem.

Otherwise normally you would make the purchase after having the freight quote then the seller sends an invoice with those costs and you complete checkout entering the code.

image host
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@eol-products

As far as what to do now I would mention the discount to the seller which has now lapsed and politley ask to cancel the sale or ask if they would entertain offering the discount themselves. 5% ebay promo is still active.

It is hardly fair to blame the seller because you missed out on a discount.   Why should they miss out on a sale or reduce their price.

It would serve you right if they refused to canceland then issued a strike ifyou did not pay.

You could always just wait for the next ebay discount offer....they come around quite regularly.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply