Covid causes delayed shipping with damage and run out of time to dispute.

I bought a clock from France. Seller waited weeks to send due to Paris 'lockdown'. When it arrived it was damaged due to the way it was 'packed'. Seller responded to my first email then I heard nothing more. I sent numerous emails without response and now that I want to escalate it I'm unable to do so. What can I do?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good one! OK, you still have a fair amount of time. Don't forget to escalate it if after say 4 attempts to reason with the seller through your claim channel fail. I'd send a message to the seller every second day. Best to do it earlier as it one can forget when there are other distractions.

What I have done with an unresponsive seller is send a C&P of my last eBay message via the claim message with an additional note, "Carrying on from my last reply to you, I am now etc etc". I also include any response from a seller.

I hope you get a good result and then you can move on. What some people don't realise is that it does take time.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If it is less than 180 days since the sale date open a dispute with Paypal's "Resolution Centre" but before you open it activate Paypal's limited return postage offer.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you very much indeed. It's solved my problem.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@*martinmax96 wrote:

I bought a clock from France. Seller waited weeks to send due to Paris 'lockdown'. When it arrived it was damaged due to the way it was 'packed'. Seller responded to my first email then I heard nothing more. I sent numerous emails without response and now that I want to escalate it I'm unable to do so. What can I do?

Hi, sorry to hear of your plight. How long ago did you purchase the item?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Hi, back on 6 Oct, 2020. I've opened a case at PayPal and they're generally fair about things. I've kept all emails as well as photos etc.
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Good one! OK, you still have a fair amount of time. Don't forget to escalate it if after say 4 attempts to reason with the seller through your claim channel fail. I'd send a message to the seller every second day. Best to do it earlier as it one can forget when there are other distractions.

What I have done with an unresponsive seller is send a C&P of my last eBay message via the claim message with an additional note, "Carrying on from my last reply to you, I am now etc etc". I also include any response from a seller.

I hope you get a good result and then you can move on. What some people don't realise is that it does take time.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Hello again

Thanks for the additional info. PayPal has closed the case in my favour. Thank you everyone!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply