DON'T give me any second chance offers

TO ALL SELLERS OUT THERE.  Don't bother giving me second chance offers!  I won't ever take it up!  I will give an example of what I mean....I bid on an item that I really wanted, so put a very high bid on, and thought that no-one would outbid me....lo and behold a sniper did!  Well, the sniper didn't pay for the item, so I was offered it at MY HIGHEST BID.  The sniping doesn't worry me, nor the fact that I was outbid, what REALLY, REALLY annoys me, is that a NON-PAYING bidder can bid as high as they like, a MILLION DOLLARS  if they like, after all, they are not going to pay anyway!  So why aren't  ALL of their bids deleted when they do not pay, as if they never bid at all, and why should I pay the maximum amount I bid, instead of the amount I would have paid if they had not bid at all?  I have no way of knowing if this was SHILL bidding or not, and even if not, I consider the non-paying buyer's bids to be invalid and they should be totally removed.  So, no matter how much I wanted the item, I would NEVER EVER EVER buy it under these circumstances. It's a matter of principle.

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: DON'T give me any second chance offers

You might also like to read the subsequent apology when I was proved wrong. Also 2 years ago.

So your 'grandfather' clause has nothing to do with why you dragged up a 2 year old post and everything to do with an issue you seem to have with me.

Message 51 of 54
Latest reply

Shove over, padi..............................................​.....popcorn.gif

Nothing to see here folks ......cmonn, move along.

Message 52 of 54
Latest reply

li.varia
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Please remember to keep posts civil and courteous towards one another.  If needed, feel free to review the Discussion Boards Usage Policies again.

Thanks for your cooperation 🙂

Varia

Community Moderator

Varia
Community Moderator
Message 53 of 54
Latest reply

I'd also like to say that Second Chance Offers can save you a lot of time and hassle.

Some years ago I was looking for a specific item to give to someone for Christmas.  Only problem was, while it came up on eBay reasonably often it was expensive....which is probably why few of them were sold (and some overpriced ones are still being listed now).  Enter a seller with the item and a low start amount.  There were a lot of bidders but the nibble kind.  Near the end I was in front.....and then I lost internet connectivity and by the time I was back online the auction was over and I'd missed out (at this point I now also say thank goodness for snipe bidding which at that time I knew nothing about).

The item was sold at a really good price but not to me.  I resigned myself to possibly having to spend a lot more to get one but approx two days later the seller sent me a second chance offer as she had a duplicate.  Christmas present problem solved!  It was the best message ever.

Message 54 of 54
Latest reply