Dangerous goods item ( perfume) needs returning. Would love some advice please!

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased my favourite perfume in an eau de parfum as listed by the Seller. The item arrived today, it is Parfum Hair Mist, not eau de parfum the bottle is not the bottle pictured in the listing either. So I would like a refund. Problem is ..... how do I return perfume as its classed as dangerous goods? I am not quite sure what to do here would really appreciate your wisdom. I have not contacted the Seller yet as I would prefer to have the info I need to know how to return or where I stand at least.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

you can't return it. If ebay or paypal tell you to, ring them and tell them it's illegal as you don't have the dangerous goods licence.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks harley. Have now contacted the Seller.........it will be interesting to see how she wants to proceed. Wish I could return it to her as I have absolutely no use for it and I cant resell it unless pick up only which I dont do.

Thank you for your replySmiley Happy  

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

You say it is NOT perfume but hair mist so why can't you return it?

If it is not what you ordered then the seller is responsible for return postage. If it is still classed as dangerous goods (and I doubt if hair mist would contain enough flammable goods) if they have a DGL then they can send you a return label, if they don't then you need to get a quote from a courier company which will probably be astronomical and tell the seller that is how much you need to return it. If they won't pay up contact ebay and if you have not already done so open a dispute for item not as described..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I believe it is perfume just formulated for hair not skin.  It's still flammable.

If it the seller with 26 feedback and just selling secondhand clothes I very much doubt they would have a dangerous goods licence.So it should have never been sent in the first place.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Hi phorum, its fancy perfume for the hair I guess lol. It has similar properties to perfume but dries sort of sticky .

Its more perfume than hairspray though. 

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate the input.Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

I believe it is perfume just formulated for hair not skin.  It's still flammable.

If it the seller with 26 feedback and just selling secondhand clothes I very much doubt they would have a dangerous goods licence.So it should have never been sent in the first place.

Yup you are 100% bang on harley. Thats exactly what it is. Now I know I can be a bit of a  princess at times but perfume for my hair, well I am not quite there yet lolSmiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Have a look at the label, many toilet waters,etc are well below the percentage prohibited by Aus Post, ebay just put a blanket ban on being allowed to list them as they could not possibly check each listing to see if it needed a DGL or not.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply