Cannot close a Return Requst

I bought an item from a Seller but the seller sent the wrong item.  I opened a Return Request and the seller quickly sent a replacement.

I now need to close the request but cannot see how.  I have been in contact with eBay customer support but they dont understand what I want to do; they tell me to escalate the return.  But that is what you do if there is a problem with the seller (Seller didnt respond, no refund given, no shipping given or cant work things out) and I dont have a problem with the seller - the seller has been excellent and sent the correct item very quickly.

I'm so confused why this is so difficult. How do i close a Return Request?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You need to click on the case details and then you're given options either click on close case due to receiving item or you and the seller have worked things out or send a message to seller.

Click the circle that says you have received the item and then it should close.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The only option I've got is ...you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your...  I've searched the whole page and that seems to be the only option.  But that is for if I have a problem with the seller, which I dont.  There isn't anywhere I can contact the seller in the return request.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I think it will eventually just time itself out if you don't escalate it.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I just dont understand why I cant just close the Return Request.  Seems a bit silly to me.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Just had a message from Customer Support telling me it is my fault because I declined a $0.50 refund offer!  I'm furious. The seller says he was forced to put that in after sending the replacement (of which I got a new tracking number).

I cant beleive eBay have just told me it is my own fault.  I am numb.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

you have discovered what long time readers of these boards have learned, the words 'ebay' 'customer' and 'support' should never be used in that order. also what should be obvious or simple never is. ebay's number 1 ethic is making money for ebay, thats also ethic number 2 - 10,000. of course they will 'help' you if you can find them and if your lucky enough to get a help person who cares at all about your problem. rotflmao here. dont forget problems are diverted to a little room somewhere in india with staff who have just been upgraded from waste sorting on the mountain of garbage you have possibly seen in tv docos.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

the seller has been excellent and sent the correct item very quickly.

I don't see a problem.

OP got a replacement from the seller.

So the problem is?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

The obvious problem is that the seller will still have a defect against their account despite the fact that they did the right thing.

Unless the buyer closes the case, and in this case that appears to be impossible due to the ridiculous way that the whole refund process is designed, then the seller loses out.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Surely ebay didn't give a defect to the seller when they blamed the buyer for not

closing the case

Just had a message from Customer Support telling me it is my fault because I declined a $0.50 refund offer!  I'm furious. The seller says he was forced to put that in after sending the replacement (of which I got a new tracking number).

I cant beleive eBay have just told me it is my own fault.  I am numb.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply