Delivery Time too Long

kevv_97
Community Member

I do not understand why EBAY delivery time is so long within the country. I now use ALIEXPRESS because they can ship from China to Brisbane within less than  one week, wheras a parcel from Melbourne to Brisbane is two weeks, I cannot work it all out

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Delivery Time too Long

They changed delivery times because of COVID. Usually items arrive well before the last day of the estimated delivery, sometimes even before the first day of the estimated delivery, but they wanted to be sure that people don't open a case too soon in case there are delays.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Delivery Time too Long

Given that ebay don't actually deliver anything, I'm not sure how you can say their delivery times are too long. If you prefer to shop with an inferior company, with inferior products, that's your choice. Ebay certainly won't miss you.

I recently sent a parcel from rural NSW to very remote WA and it arrived in 4 days. I wouldn't call that too long.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Delivery Time too Long

Ebay is not shipping you anything - the individual seller is.

My son buys from AliExpress and has yet to receive anything in less than 3 weeks, so good for you if you're getting stuff within a week.

My items are getting from Perth to the east coast within about 5-8 business days, which isn't too bad.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Delivery Time too Long

I've bought from ali express before. A lot of it is the same stuff you can see on ebay anyway and it is run along similar lines to ebay in that it is a selling platform with lots of different, individual sellers or companies.

A lot of sellers there also tend to have different postal choices, from basic to express.

When I bought (admittedly years ago) I was very happy with the service, price and items and also the delivery time but it was about 3 weeks or so, not a week.

I haven't bought from ebay for a few months but find most domestic items come fairly quickly-usually 5-10 days.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply