Delivery information misleading

So disappointed that I chose a product based on the fact that delivery was quoted as 27 Dec but once I checked out it said 3 Jan

My advice is do not trust this information if your choice depends on it 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The delivery date inserted by eBay is not one date alone, so it would not have said 'Dec 27'  alone

But two dates between and a second date

And considering you have Christmas and Boxing day in there, it would have been very unlikely anyway

My advice is read the full listing properly and look at the seller's feedback page first

And buying online, delivery dates will always be estimates, no matter what site you are on

Where was this seller registered? 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

To add

If it is the only seller you have feedback from, they are registered in China and have very poor feedback 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@narpac-7346 wrote:

So disappointed that I chose a product based on the fact that delivery was quoted as 27 Dec but once I checked out it said 3 Jan

My advice is do not trust this information if your choice depends on it 

Usually the estimate is a date range rather than just a single date.

But I am wondering if what happened to you is if you are looking at a current ad. Often sellers have more than one product and if you go in and look at the ad, say, today, the estimated delivery date will have changed to reflect the current estimations. You'd need to open your original ad to see when the ETA was for that. It should not have changed.

Don't despair just yet either. The 27th is still 10 days away. There could well be a delivery in the next week.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

payby-95
Community Member

The estimated delivery often shows a range. When viewing a current ad, the delivery date may update. Check the original ad for the initial ETA—it likely hasn't changed. There's still time.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

dewaang85
Community Member

Estimates typically offer date ranges. Viewing a current ad might alter the delivery date, but check the original for the initial ETA. Patience, the 27th is ahead.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

dewaang85
Community Member

Estimates usually provide date ranges. Reviewing a current ad may change the delivery date, but check the original for the initial ETA. Patience; the 27th is still forthcoming.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply