Discount not applied.

Hi all, I recently purchased an item on eBay and the add stated:- “TAKE $15 OFF THIS ITEM “,  and that would happen at the checkout. Well once again this did not happen and I paid full price.  Has anyone else had this happen?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Discount not applied.

Papermoon lady is exactly right.

If ever you see a sign that says take $15 off this item (lucky you if you did!) or show me how to get a 5% discount or whatever, never assume it will happen automatically. There will often be a code that you have to apply and when you do that, you will see the price adjusted down.

If you push the wrong button or if the price is still showing as the original price, don't hit the final tab that commits you to buy. Go back.

Like papermoon, I've found the best way to get that price adjustment is to add the item to the cart then go into the cart and look for the spot where you add the discount code.

Never commit to buy till the price changes. If it doesn't change, check out the terms and conditions again to make sure you're within them. Sometimes the discount only applies to items over a certain price and all the discount offers I have seen have an expiry date too.

What happened to you does happen to some other buyers who buy even though the price has not been adjusted. They often hope it will adjust after the sale. It doesn't.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Discount not applied.

Did you add the item to your cart and applied the code from there?

It does not work if you click on BIN.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Discount not applied.

bryzen
Community Member

IF paying more for an item,gives one peace of mind.

Isn't that priceless.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Discount not applied.

Not helpful

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Discount not applied.

Your helpful how,by being negative.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Discount not applied.

@imastawka wrote:

Not helpful

They very rarely are Stawks..................😎

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Discount not applied.

Papermoon lady is exactly right.

If ever you see a sign that says take $15 off this item (lucky you if you did!) or show me how to get a 5% discount or whatever, never assume it will happen automatically. There will often be a code that you have to apply and when you do that, you will see the price adjusted down.

If you push the wrong button or if the price is still showing as the original price, don't hit the final tab that commits you to buy. Go back.

Like papermoon, I've found the best way to get that price adjustment is to add the item to the cart then go into the cart and look for the spot where you add the discount code.

Never commit to buy till the price changes. If it doesn't change, check out the terms and conditions again to make sure you're within them. Sometimes the discount only applies to items over a certain price and all the discount offers I have seen have an expiry date too.

What happened to you does happen to some other buyers who buy even though the price has not been adjusted. They often hope it will adjust after the sale. It doesn't.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply