Dispute with global shipping

Hi , recently purchased a small model aeroplane engine that was from a static display , contained no fuel and was in a sealed plastic bag . Item was deemed a restricted item by global shipping and I was given a full refund 

the engine was confiscated by global shipping and will not be returned to the seller 

there were no reasons given by global shipping why it was deemed a restricted item 

can’t find a way to contact anyone ,only the eBay automated message system which is useless 

Really want the item , what can I do ?? 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is nothing you can do, once the GSP has deemed an item restricted that's the end of it. Both the buyer and seller get their money back and the GSP disposes of the item as they see fit.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There is nothing you can do, once the GSP has deemed an item restricted that's the end of it. Both the buyer and seller get their money back and the GSP disposes of the item as they see fit.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Sounds like a scam to me , someone is a model engine collector 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

They have no way of knowing if the item has ever contained fuel, and therefore possibly contains traces of banned chemicals.  So unless it was accompanied by some form of certification re contaminants, the item would be confiscated. 

There is no way to retrieve the item.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@raptorhound wrote:

Sounds like a scam to me , someone is a model engine collector 

Sounds like rubbish to me.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply