Dodgy sellers

When buying an SDR radio be careful of one seller in particular. 

He sold me a non working radio and I sent it back for a refund he claimed he did not get the return and possibly resold the faulty item to another buyer, and he refused to give me a refund.

I cannot name him as he has my name and address and will probably sue me for defamation.

There are a lot of lowlife crooks on Ebay.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Dodgy sellers

The seller is in China and their feedback would send anyone running a mile

Why did you not open the appropriate eBay dispute?

Or checked their feedback before buying at all?

The seller would have had no say in the matter had you used the tools eBay give you

Of course such a seller is going to say 'they did'nt get it' and then keep on selling the same thing to other buyers who do not check feedback or open disputes

The joker must be rubbing their hands together in utter glee

And no, you cannot name the seller here, naming and shaming is not permitted by the mods

But you certainly can avoid buying from loaf life crooks in one easy step

Check who you are buying from before buying

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

The seller you left the neg for ?

If so, you need to spend a few seconds checking seller's feedback BEFORE dealing with them - that one has horrible feedback and is registered in China.

ALWAYS use eBay's MBG for disputes and you won't lose out. For a faulty item the seller must provide postage reimbursement before you send it back.

Edit. Snap Sandy.............fools and their money............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

You've been on Ebay for 22 years and have no idea how to do a return?

Did you open a dispute for "Not as Described"

Did you wait for the seller to send you postage funds since they are overseas and cannot send a shipping label?

You have gone about this completely the wrong way and now you have no money and no item and you're also out the postage costs, which would have been a small fortune. Of course the seller refused to give a refund as there is no dispute for Ebay to even look at!

Why would a Chinese seller sue you for defamation? Australia has an extremely high bar for suing someone. This ain't America! The forum rules simply state that you cannot name and shame, but a moderator would remove any personal info and it is unlikely that the seller would even come to this forum anyway.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Just to add, open a case right now for "Item Not as Described" and do not respond to the seller if they try and get you to close it.

No harm in trying.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply