Does the buyer or the seller chase up a lost parcel with Australia Post?

Tracking shows a parcel has been sitting in the same location for over 2 weeks and I am unsure who should chase up the parcel with AP.
The seller has closed their shop for 2 weeks over Christmas/New Year but I need to start an item not received before the 9th January.
It really is an AP problem as the parcel had tracking and it has stopped being processed.
Can I, as the buyer, contact AP about the parcel when they reopen this week?
It is so many years since I have had a parcel with tracking stop moving that I can't remember what to do.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Does the buyer or the seller chase up a lost parcel with Australia Post?

Bump - follow the rules as a buyer - all of them - cover your butt.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I don't really know with Auspost but a month or so ago I was in the same position (but with a sendle parcel) and as I knew the tracking number, I contacted sendle chat and followed up hard for several sessions.

I think if you have the tracking number, it is worth a try contacting AP.

But the bottom line is if you get nowhere (and with sendle I had to request they actually have someone locate the parcel and not just keep giving me updated estimates of date of arrival), then open that item not received claim with ebay, no matter what.

A seller may choose to close their shop for a holiday break but these days they can be online anywhere and I would still expect them to keep an eye on things and if they are in Aust, they could probably follow up with AP too, but at least if you try yourself, you'll know it has been done.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

arctoph_49
Community Member

I think that both buyers and sellers can start an enquiry, but it is very nice of you not to accuse the seller and to want to ask Australia Post yourself.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply