EBAY AUSTRALIA TREATS BUYERS WITH ARROGANCE, AS THERE NO WAY TO SPEAK ON PHONE TO A PERSON

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

EBAY AUSTRALIA TREATS BUYERS WITH ARROGANCE, AS THERE NO WAY TO SPEAK ON PHONE TO A PERSON

There hasn't been phone support for a few years now.

You can get onto the text Chat during business hours though.

This forum has a million times more knowledge and experience than the CS reps anyway - post your issue here and we'll try and help. Speaking to a rep on the phone is no more useful than text chat as they are mostly useless either way.

PS: Ebay is not the only platform with no phone support - many others only offer text chat or support tickets, so nothing new in that regard.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

eBay give buyers all the tools under the sun  to protect themselves and get a refund if things don't work out

9.9 times out of 10, there is no need for a buyer to contact eBay, but if you insist you must, the chat option is available

Have you used any of the tools within the time limit for this issue ?  (ie opening the appropriate dispute) ?

Did you check who you were buying from before buying?

Rather than yell at other members, maybe explain the issue you have?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

My problem was not with a seller - it was someone in Australia after the item had cleared Australian Customs decided my thin stainless steel 1970 Lincoln windscreen mold was a PROHIBITED IMPORT, and this advice was given to me by ebay - YET BECAUSE EBAY HAS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM, I CANNOT FIND OUT WHY EBAY SAY IT WAS A PROHIBITED IMPORT. Like what is prohibited about a Factory built Ford OEM 1970  stainless steel strip that near the same goes around near every  windscreen of 1940s to 2000s cars???!!!  If ebay are going to tell me it prohibited, THERE SHOULD BE SOME WAY TO GET EBAY EXPLAIN WHY - all the ebay contact systems are only for purchase disputes, and in all those, not one phone number ENDS WITH ANYTHING that allows you talk to any person - NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay advised me a stainless steel 1970 Ford Lincoln windscreen mold was a PROHIBITED IMPORT, and despite I being advised it had already cleared Australian Customs, IT WAS BEING RETURNED TO THE SELLER IN THE US. Neither the seller or I have any idea why it DECLARED A PROHIBITED IMPORT, and as ebay issued the advice, I need contact ebay Australia TO FIND OUT WHY a thin used stainless steel windscreen molding is prohibited????>!!!

About a year or so ago, I had a brand new brake master cylinder blocked the same way - what is prohibited about something that is only new cast iron, brake rubber cups, a small spring, and an anodised metal cap - EBAY NEEDS A PHONE NUMBER YOU CAN CALL TO ASK THEM FOR DETAIL WHY/IF/WHEN THEY ADVISE AN ITEM PROHIBITED - every current ebay contacy option they have ENDS WITH NO PHONE NUMBER FOR ANYONE EBAY, and their only phone number, ends with an 'AUTO DISCONNECT' at end of a message - - for my few personal collectors cars I have purchased over 1100 items from US over near 15 years - ebay does not care about us enough, when they say it prohibited, but provide no means to find out why when no reason given by ebay in their advice !!!!!!??

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply